Sign in to follow this  

suzuki lt-500 or banshee

The Suzi's are not very fast quads, especailly for 500's. I used to race them frequently out at Glamis and Dumont and only lost to a few. Heavy, wide and unreliable. Stick with the banshee

The new suzuki is the best.

LT-R450

It's was designed low like the yfz, and comes with great components. Not to mention the RMz450 engine (but with a 5spd tranny)

IF I ever got a quad it would be that one :banghead:

Apples to oranges if you ask me.

Big bore two stroke, lots of torque, lack of top end pull

Twin cylinder two stroke, lots of topend, lack of low end/torque

thanks guys i'm planning on getting the new LT-R450 when it comes out and was looking for something to take to the sand drags (full blown race quad) banshee's look like the only way to go but i was wanting to stick with suzuki

i heard its supposed to be able to beat the YFZ 450 in a drag race but not by much. and although it has alot better suspinsion setup than the 660's do its still not to good of a quad for racing.

i heard its supposed to be able to beat the YFZ 450 in a drag race but not by much. and although it has alot better suspinsion setup than the 660's do its still not to good of a quad for racing.

Ya, its still too heavy and large. But it does make for a really awesome sport quad if you are not looking to actually race. Nice, smooth power that is easy to adjust (thank you fuel injection!), and it is not as tippy and ackwardly balanced as the 660. :banghead:

Apples to oranges if you ask me.

Big bore two stroke, lots of torque, lack of top end pull

Twin cylinder two stroke, lots of topend, lack of low end/torque

uhm, the Banshee had loads of low-end, it just cannot get the power to the ground very well, (see: no traction)

LT500, i have a lt250r i drag race and if i ever saw a lt500 up for sale around here id buy it, im trying to sell my dirt bike to buy the new lt450r but i dont think it will happen.