Sign in to follow this  

25hrs of Starvation Ridge.

Hey guys. Anyone here doing the 25hrs of Starvation Ridge? This is giong to be my first time and I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on how the ride actually works. I am already on a team and have had it explained to me once, but they way he was saying it made no sense and was going to get an input from all your TT'rs!

Do a search for starvation ridge or 25 hr or just look through the posts a few weeks old and you will find a thread that is pretty loaded with information.

Should be a good time. I talked to scoot this morning and he said he has over 80 pre entered and expects to sell out so if you haven't already sent in your registration do it soon! :banghead:

Hey there,

What don't you understand about it? Feel free to post here or PM me and I'll be happy to answer any questions.

I dont understand why Mt Gnomes are so brittle. Poor widdle Twav bwoke his widdle footy.. :banghead: Hope you're better soon Trav...

Team "On the Pipe" is unofficially down to three riders at this point. Rod KTM informed me this AM that he couldnt ride with us either.

So we have:

Bikedude

CRFMitch

BrandonW

Maybe a guy I know.

Maybe another guy I know.

???

We need some expert riders to fill spots... I heard a fella by name of Jeff Odom was looking to be on a team. Anyone know how to get ahold of him.. Ive heard he be pretty good :banghead:

Team "Montana Sheep Shaggers" raced last year with 3 riders. Switched every two laps and lost by 80 seconds in class. Doable and definitely get moneys worth and can never be called wussies. This year going IronMan and dragging another MT buddy. Only got to ride 8 hours last year so what's another 16 uhhhh... 17 hours more. Hide the sheep. :banghead:

I dont understand why Mt Gnomes are so brittle. Poor widdle Twav bwoke his widdle footy.. :banghead:

Mt Gnomes............ thats funnier than :banghead:

We did it with 4 last year. Just make sure you have good support :banghead:

. This year going IronMan and dragging another MT buddy. :

So montana whats your stategy for the Ironman?????

We did it with 4 last year. Just make sure you have good support :banghead:

We got 3rd O/A last year riding with 4. We were hoping for a win this year... :banghead: Gonna have to ride our balls off if we want it now... I WANT IT!!! We'll see what happens...

Anybody have a crystal ball regarding weather?

I am hoping for a mostly sunny, full moon, etc...

or am I being too wishful? :banghead:

I'm hoping for 0 - 20 degree weather with snow! That will separate the men from the boyz!!!

At this point it looks good via future cast predictions. Mid 30's during the night and 50 - 60 during the day. Rain Wednesday and Thursday mostly clear Friday, Saturday and Sunday. :banghead:

Starts at 10am. Running stock insert in my 04 WR450 to keep it as quiet as possible and friend is lending me tall/thicker seat. Have been using Rekluse and stock gearing. Pits consist of Chrysler Mini Van and EZ-Up and hoping to "sell" pit space because we get two pits and bringing a couple of sets of car studded tires to sell to cover some expenses. Going totally light and fellow TTers I have met have always lent a hand are one of reasons that keeps me coming back to Goldendale.

Ride Three laps (approx 1:45) hydrate/snack and wash out eyes and using some weirdo eye drops to hydrate eyeballs from my optometrist. Have old school Malcom Smith Fanny Pack that has water bladder in case I am thirsty and keeping normal camel back at home because makes back sweat too much. Always run the Underwear/Moose glove liners to keep the blisters at bay and have new Yammie grips installed. Liners help to keep hands dry and work in any weather.

Every four hours change gear/socks/shirt. Using UnderArmour shorts and slathering butt with "Bag Balm" which is made to make cow teets nice and soft and supple and works better than any diaper rash cream/talc powder. Using my tried and true Depends pads to keep balding head form sweating too much and keeping moisture out of goggles. I also use Asterisk knee braces with sleeves and they really start to sweat and taking extra care with keeping knees and back of thighs dry. Thinking moisture control.

Sun goes down about 6pm. Have old school "hippo hands" to keep hands warm. Bringing my streetbike helmet which works well in the night time to get stress off my face from goggles. Coming from Montana the cold is semi-normal. Usually riding is fine its standing around in that frickin' WA wind that freeze butt off. Usually I can drink some coffee at 8pm and I am good til 2am then after that hit the "wall" where you are very tired but usually take 1 hour to get second wind then see what happens. Thought about running tunes/MP3 but would probably put me to sleep even playing Metallica or White Zombie. Making sure to get 8 hours sleep week before race and limit intake of caffeine to give my body the extra boost for this one day.

Running a Cyclops this year as backup if main light fails which is running the PIAA white light in stock shell that really puts out a whiter light (not the fake HID blue light) and after running the course for 8 hours in daylight do not really have to have killer lights because pretty much have course memorized. In 2003 my WR250F blew up at 7 hour mark in IronMan class and course was ingrained in my membrane.

2004 winner of IM rode for 450 miles if I remember correctly. Scoot?? do you remember? I remember the winner had a sleep disorder??? That's what you really need for this event!!!

Have no idea of average lap time/speed but using Enduro formula came up with this schedule. Hoping to get "ahead of schedule" to sleep. I have done 24 hour streetbike Iron Butt style events but offroad is the challenge. Bringing buddy with CR500 and hoping we both feed off each other and keep hope alive. Have buddie's 11 year old son doing our pits so we are FACTORY baby.

This is tentative schedule:

10am to 10am (using 24 hour time instead of 25)

10am - 5 pm 7 hours x 25 mph=175 miles 175

5pm - 12am 7 hours x 20 mph=140 miles 315

12am - 6am 6 hours x 20mph=120 miles 435

6am - 10am 4 hours x 25mph=120miles 535 miles

25 x 24mph avg. = 600 miles goal (pie in the sky)

500 Miles is the real goal

Eating/Gas: every two hours

12 pm eat/gas eat light/suckers to keep mouth wet

2 pm eat/gas wash out eyes every hour

4 pm eat/gas street bike helmet (hjc)

6 pm eat/gas dont use camel back

8 pm eat/gas change clothes every two hours

coffee

10 pm eat/gas more bag balm

coffee

12am eat/gas

coffee

2am gas

4am eat/gas

6am eat/gas

8am eat/gas

Thats the plan. Just a simple plan. Ass-uming bike does not break.

:banghead:

Thats the plan. Just a simple plan. Ass-uming bike does not break.

🤣

Sounds like my plan exactely :banghead::banghead:🤣

I've got lots of ideas for a costume.

- Intel Bunny suit ... Looking like a ghost.

- A passenger of the blow up variety...

- The most tacky bright blue tux I can find at goodwill

Hmmm

I've got lots of ideas for a costume.

- Intel Bunny suit ... Looking like a ghost.

- A passenger of the blow up variety...

- The most tacky bright blue tux I can find at goodwill

Hmmm

You in a blue tux on 'my little pony' with her new hardware...now that's a sight.

Hey, I cleaned your air filter today...found a pink feather in the airbox!! Now how'd that get there? Do a run through a flamingo rookery out at Wickiup? :banghead: