Sign in to follow this  

250r

What is the maintenence like on the 250R? Is it true that you have to redue the topend every ten hours?

dont guess so...have had mine since january dont know how many hours but way more than ten havnt touched the topend

Most guys around here, including me like to go for a 50 hour piston changing interval. Some of them however, replace the rings at 25 as well.

Depends on whether or not you race. Alot of guys on here do...so they need to spend $ :banghead: $ just to get the bike ship-shape. I however, ride strictly out in the desert and haven't had my 04 CRF250R Serviced for maybe over a 100 hrs :banghead: .

i just got done re-building my 04 crf250r top end, and it really does depend on how you ride it. i dont race at all, and even after almost 100 hours it still looked amazing inside. i plan to push this one for over 100 as well.... just as long as the valves still look good. in fact, even to this day i am on my stock set of shims !!!

I was very pleased with my 05. Shimmed one valve at 40 Hrs...rebuilt top end at 168 Hrs. Valves were still in spec and everything still looked good. Had 222 Hrs when I got my 06. Ridden on MX tracks only. Have 14 hours on the 06. It reves alot quicker and has more power and handles better then the 05, in stock form.