Sign in to follow this  

Looking for more in Mid - Top

Like I said I am looking for more Mid and Top, kick in the butt power.

I am thinking of either the stage1 cam or the R cam. (i know there are other things that can be done) but for now I am looking only at a cam replacement...

also if the cam is replaced I am guessing the cylinder head cover? or anything else to make the replacement work?

Thanks again!

If you are talking about the hot cam stage 1 would be wrong. It is for low and mid range and is now called the mudbuster.

yes the hot cam stage 1 is what I am talking about.

Was just on the Hot Cams website and I did not see a CRF 250X listed.

The general consensus is this.

04 R cam is the best Top end cam out there, custom grinds from Crower or Web may have an edge.

The Hot cam improves the low some but adds alot to the upper mid range.

With your 04 , IMO, get the 05 or 06 head with one of those cams for the best bang for your dollar.

Hi comp piston helps too.

all these mods give you "seat of the pants" performance.

I'd either go for a simple sprocket change like I did. I went from 13-51 to 13-49 and it gave me what I like.

If not, I've only heard good things about those vortex ignitions. Someone correct me?

If not, I've only heard good things about those vortex ignitions. Someone correct me?

Yes they work well but the seat of the pants fell gets pricey. Once a cam / mild port job or 05 head is used and the higher compression is done then these lil black boxes are an eye opener.