Sign in to follow this  

RMZ450 Top Speed?

Anyone know what the top speed of An RMZ 450 is when its pinned wide open in fourth gear. I dragged a guy on an YZ 125 but borred out and i havent had my bike long so when I did a racing start I pulled a catwalk and when i looked her was like 45 feet infront of me . By the time I hit third I flew by him and didn't even hit fourth. Just wanted to know what the top speed is. :banghead:

My question is what is faster the RMZ or CRF in top gear. More of a question of are the final tranny gears (4th and 5th respectively) even remotely close? Or does the CRF have a taller final drive gear. Assume same counter shaft and rear sprokets. This is basically holding me back from getting the RMZ. I am willing to sacrafice a bit on the top, but not like 15% or something, as I do ride in the sand and desert a lot.

Thanks for the feed back

I believe the RMZ 4th is slightly taller than the CRFs 5th. posted some gearing charts a while ago, Ill try to dig them up. It shows theoretical top speeds etc... wth different gearing.

The chart is not bogus. They are numbers based on stock gearing and an 11,000rpm redline using a standard formula. I have the worksheet in Excel format.

The 04 YZF is geared even taller in first, just over 50mph and just over 90mph at redline in 4th.

Not sure what the actual redline is though... I assume a little more than 11k?

The easiest way is to take it to El Mirage and GPS it with a unit that records max speed reached (even a $100 base unit has this feature).