Sign in to follow this  

HELP - Any word on SXF's

I've had a deposit down on one for 6 weeks where at that time I was fed a line that they were only 3 weeks out. My dealer is now telling me that they don't know when they'll be in...could be another month maybe more. In my frustration I've called every dealer in So Cal and got the same story...no bikes to sell. I've heard just about every reason - hurricane F'd up distribution in Texas to the KTM factory in Austria taking all of August off meaning no production.

I don't know what to believe...nor do I really care. All I know is that I can Fedex someone a package halfway across the world and know where it's at and when it will get there at any point in time. I absolutely cannot believe that these dealers and distributors don't know where a $7k piece of mechandise is and when it will get here. Does anyone have any real insight on what the hell is happening?

Dont worry..be happy🤣 sort of. :banghead: I have wanted one since last year on order from my sponsor when the word got out. I thought I would wait for the 05's out of the way...and first shipment of 06's...maybe the bugs are out of them/updates.

The word is from lots of KTM shops and KTM reps is the Hurricanes in the gulf delayed alot of KTM product to the south and midwest/western states since most of the european imports come through New Orleans port, then they went through Port Arthur after Katrina....2 hurricances in a month...

Then all dealers that were to get there first allotment of SXF's for august were to get theres first then the rest. Im still waiting for mine for the end of October, but no guarantee or Vin # yet. Lets hope soon. I was to race one in the new AMA supermoto superlites class and missed that chance. Now I will prepare over the winter and for next year! Maybe its better this way.

Good luck and hope we get our bikes soon like this month! :banghead:

Yeah, the hurricanes seem the most logical cause and I totally understand the distribution problem this causes. The thing I can't understand is why these people can't just level us. Give us some kind of real answer even if it's just "your bikes on a boat on it's way over here" or "it's stuck on the gulf coast". Every dealer I've called including the one that has my deposit says they have no clue and they'll call me when the truck gets there. &%$#@! IS THAT!!!!

There are bikes available if you really look. But you will pay full retail. I have a good deal, but like you am waiting. A few weeks ago the Boise dealer had one on the floor untaken. OTD was over 7. I saw a guy in cali post at KTM talk saying he had three on the floor.

If you don't mind spending close to 8 grand with shiping you can have one in the mail tomarrow.

$8k + shipping is nuts. Where in Cali was this dealer? I have seached SD, LA, Orange and Riverside counties with not a single bike in sight and no answers.

I paid 6600.00 including shipping, and had it within 5 days of the order. I would call around to every dealer in the country if you really want one bad. I contacted every KTM dealer on the west coast and got the same story. I ended up getting one at Altus motorsports in Oklahoma. They were great to deal with and gave me a super fair deal. Check them out, they might just have one available now.

i am trying to be patient..... should be snowing here any day, and i can still ride my XR whenever i want.