Do you use a steering stabilizer for motocross?

Yes the Hondas come stock with a steering damper, but they need a heavier weight oil in them. I have a 2010 crf450r and the stock damper is ok but I have a Scott's damper and it is amazing, I love being able to change the speed. It's great for mx, I'll never ride without one!

Ryan Hughes was running one on his RMZ 450 this year at the world vet MX championships at Glen Helen. He won. Then again he probably would have won without it too! Too bad he crashed and hurt himself a month later. If Hughes was running it then its probably worth it...

• Like 1

I'm curious.....Why are we resurrecting a post from 8 $%^& years ago?

I don't know anybody running a stabilizer on any mx bike. These newer bikes handle square edged bumps a lot better than they did 8 years ago.

LOL...JS was running one at Thunder Valley.... I guess he isnt anybody.

Edited by Blutarsky

At least you are a good sport. I personally love a damper on the MX track. It allows me to set the bike up a little more aggressively with regards to steering and not have to worry about head shake. The downside I experienced recently is when the drive post on my Scotts dropped down...and I swapped out and crashed bad in some rollers. It was ugly...and I think I might not have happened if my damper had not disengaged.... Live and learn.

At least you are a good sport. I personally love a damper on the MX track. It allows me to set the bike up a little more aggressively with regards to steering and not have to worry about head shake. The downside I experienced recently is when the drive post on my Scotts dropped down...and I swapped out and crashed bad in some rollers. It was ugly...and I think I might not have happened if my damper had not disengaged.... Live and learn.

Man that sucks! I haven't been on a bike with a stabilizer. Got me thinkin now. Raced quads years ago and we ran them.