Sign in to follow this  

Anyone going to Taneum Saturday? Oct 22

Wondering if anyone is planning to ride Taneum area this weekend weather permitting?

We have been having some warm weather this week. If it stays this way Taneum will be really nice except for the hostile hunters. Been there, done that and plan on doing it again. :banghead:

Well, if it works out weatherwise, let me know what time. It would be good to meet you after reading your posts and viewing your pics.

Oooh, Nick! He's seen your pics, and now wants to meet you!

Boy is that going to be a disappointment. :banghead::banghead:

Seriously, I will keep ya posted on weather conditions. I love riding Taneum right up to the end of the season.

Wondering if anyone is planning to ride Taneum area this weekend weather permitting?

I would love to go to Taneum again. I only crashed 3times this trip. Nick was right the 2nd time would be funner. Tomarow Dani is going under to have all 4 wisdom teeth pulled. Therefore, I get the joy of taking care of her. Going to miss a few days from work. So this weekend I will be stuck on the train instead of riding. :banghead:

Anyone interested yet? I don't think we will get to many more chances this year at Taneum.

I'll be there on Sunday with Wheelchaser. If you want to ride on Sunday, you are welcome to meet up with us. :banghead:

Although last time I rode there I threw a tantrum because I broke the foot peg on my brand new bike!! I promise I won't do that again!

I'll be there on Sunday with Wheelchaser. If you want to ride on Sunday, you are welcome to meet up with us. :banghead:

Although last time I rode there I threw a tantrum because I broke the foot peg on my brand new bike!! I promise I won't do that again!

Thanks for the invite, gotta work Sunday though.

Sounds like Rdog and Old Man Time will be there at the Taneum Junction around 0900 as will I.

Jay will also be there at 9:00 or 9:30.

Last week I had an interesting experience on our Friday ride at Taneum. I was just about to Ellensburg on I-90 and I was playing my CD's listening to my music minding my business day dreaming and doing about 80 mph. That is when I caught the attention of an Eastbound State Patrol. He crossed the center divider, I looked down at my speedo and there was no doubt why he so suddenly decided to head west bound. I pulled over to the shoulder immediately rolled down my window and took my drivers license out🤣. No use arguing cause I was guilty.When he got to my window I apologized and told him I was listening to my music and was day dreaming not watching my speedometer. I told him I knew I was speeding and was sorry. He asked me where I was heading and I told him Taneum to ride my dirt bike.

He wrote my drivers license number down on a tablet and then handed me my license and said "you slow down" :banghead: . I told him I most certainly would and very sincerely thanked him for not giving me what I deserved. Whew, I'm so thankful for merciful understanding officers of the law.:banghead:

I haven't had a ticket in over 17 years. I have got to install a cruise control in my vintage pick up. Either that or quit listening to my music, naaaaaaa, I'll install a cruise control.

I would like to try and make it if you dont mind I have only been ridding for short time.I know it is between cle elum and ellensburg but could someone tell me where to turn off and how to get to the parking lot.

hey guys found out I am not going to be able to leave town tonight to get there so Im going to ride here sat.hopefully I will make to the east side in the future to see what taneum is all about.

hey guys found out I am not going to be able to leave town tonight to get there so Im going to ride here sat.hopefully I will make to the east side in the future to see what taneum is all about.

Too bad, I was gonna meet ya at the exit and guide you there. :banghead:

My wife and I will be going back to the Manastash camp area again Saturday morning. Maybe camping near the Frost Mountain trail. I was told there were some easy trails there for her to get used to riding single track stuff without dealing with the fear factor of looking down a cliff on one side.

She's doing very well. Goes right up the steep stuff, but then chokes when it's time to go the other direction.. :banghead: Tight switch-backs are not in her favorites list yet either.

Watch for us on the Gas Gas's or look for our white Vanagon Syncro camper and say hello.. OK? :banghead:

You could not ask for a more beautiful day than the one we got for this ride. The sun was shining and the ride was perfect. :banghead::banghead:

You could not ask for a more beautiful day than the one we got for this ride. The sun was shining and the ride was perfect. 🤣:banghead:

Had to order $51 worth of parts after that ride. Clutch and brake levers were bent and somehow the speedometer cable got shredded.

Thanks for having me along. It was definitley a workout. :banghead:

Well Jeff, you did make it, wasn't that bad, was it? Sorry about all your broken stuff though. We'll hook up again sometime soon. Good ride guys, you couldn't ask for better conditions.

Little Jeff