Sign in to follow this  

Painting a crf250r frame

My dad owns a buisness and he has a machanice or i dont know how to spell it,and he paints really good,i already asked him and he said about $250-350 depending how much i want on there.either black or anodized red.... :banghead::banghead: but i dont really know what color though.

well first off powder coating is paint theres magnetic additive in the paint pigment "dry pigmen" they electro magnatise the frame and the pwder sticks to it then its baked on any paint is waight and waight is power loss anodise it or forget it and polish it a little bling doesent make you fast laps do buy tires instead

Yea painting or powder coating would look like fiddo,s ass after a few rides. If you want it to look bling just polish it and the swing arm. You will still need to maitain it with frequent polishing though.

anodizing no good, painting no good. Powder coated for best results. :banghead:

Actually hard ano is prolly the way to go. Thats whats done to black sprockets and if the chain doesnt rub it off i dont think your boots will rub it off.... just a though.

well first off powder coating is paint theres magnetic additive in the paint pigment "dry pigmen" they electro magnatise the frame and the pwder sticks to it then its baked on any paint is waight and waight is power loss anodise it or forget it and polish it a little bling doesent make you fast laps do buy tires instead

It really depends on the powder. We use stuff that needs to pass OE salt spray, rock chip and gravel testing. A boot rubbing against it or something minor like that isn't going to chip it. Also, if you shot peen the part the coating will actually adhere better.