Sign in to follow this  

06 Husky 510/450 DS questions

I read some post on here, but I am looking for more up to date info.

I am considering buying the new 2006 TE 510 not the 610. I was at MalcomSmith Motorsports today and was standing 10ft from MS himself. I wanted to talk to him just to say I did but some guy had his nose in his rear and wouldn’t leave.

Anyway the salesman and sales manager said they would have the 2006 TE 250,450,and 510 on the floor any day and they are all dualsports. He said they arrived at the wherehouse and were being assembled. He said all come with turn signals and DS registration. And you will receive your plate in the mail in a few weeks. They had the 06 610 DS already, but it was a tank about 320LBS.

I asked them for the dry weight on the three smaller, soon to be Dual sports, and they couldn’t find any info even on their own website. Every Husky website I have found only show the non DualSport 510 and 450. And the photos of the 2006 510/450's I found only show the turn signal selector, but no turn signals on the bikes?

Any Ideas on how much these things are going to weight. And if I would be better off trying to DS my CRF450 or buy a 2004 KTM 525 used with a plate already. I just have a gut feeling I am going to have to put the lights, etc on and Dual sport it myself anyway. If I what they say is true and they are under 260 lbs it seems like a great deal

Thanks

Z

They cannot legally submit the paperwork for a plate if the bike does not leave the showroom floor meeting d.o.t. regulations, so yes, it will have all the turn signals installed. I have heard several claims for weight being 265ish ready to ride but have yet to see it on paper.