Alessi Gets Fired

i think if ktm released him then that would be a horrible idea. He is clearly proven himself a fast rider, he just has some taming down to do. How many of you would be all calm and collected if this was your first year as a professional rider and you have the weight of the motorcycle world on your shoulders and you have a run at a national title? I know I would have made some bad decisions. I am not saying every move he made can be written off as a "freshman" mistake, but he is a dang fast rider. If KTM was smart they would definatly keep him for a little longer, they do not really have a super strong force here in the states. I look forward to seeing him in the next few years. If in one year Alessi can take on Tedesco, Brown, and Langston, and in a few races Villipoto can hang with them, then the next few years will be amazing. It would be some good racing to see Alessi, Stewart, Carmichael, Reed, Windham, and Villipoto all race together in a few years!

October 15, 2005

Alessi NOT signing with Metal Mulisha

Yesterday in Racerhead, we posted a press release that was making its way around the internet that jokingly had Mike Alessi signing with the Metal Mulisha. We shared it with our readers, referred to April Fool's Day, and added that we weren't buying it. However, some are taking it seriously, so consider this a retraction: Mike Alessi is NOT signing with the Metal Mulisha. The press release was meant to be a joke by the author, Michael D., and not meant to be taken seriously by anyone. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused!

IT was a joke by someone

I am not saying every move he made can be written off as a "freshman" mistake....
You mean like standing on an opponent's front wheel so the guy couldn't get up before he did, after knocking the guy off in the first place? Yeah, after more than 5 years of racing, it might be hard to do that.

He's fast, but he doesn't belong in this sport until he learns a little bit about sportsmanship and respect. I would have canned him long ago.

You mean like standing on an opponent's front wheel so the guy couldn't get up before he did, after knocking the guy off in the first place? Yeah, after more than 5 years of racing, it might be hard to do that.

He's fast, but he doesn't belong in this sport until he learns a little bit about sportsmanship and respect. I would have canned him long ago.

Agreed, IMHO what Alessi did in that situation is something that simply would never even enter the mind of most racers, no matter how much adrenalin is pumping through them. I don't see it as much different than sabotaging someone's bike before a race, most people just don't think/act that way. For whatever reason, at his age, behavior like that is now part of his personality and not likely to change. Hope I'm wrong...

I bet RC will be retired by the time Alessi gets into the big class. I bet KDub will be retired (I think Alessi can beat KDub straight up right now purely on hunger).

I agree, K-Dub is whistlin dixie cruisin around in 2nd place. K-Dub is as fast as K-Dub wants to be

when you are making millions off his ass..you would can him?
Yes. In a heartbeat
..hes fast as hell and is putting KTM on the market in the states..think about the company's point of veiew instead of how you feel..they want the money!
He's also making an association between KTM and the kind of rider he is. They had that kind of problem with Langston, but MA is exponentialy worse. The fact is that his racing that bike isn't going to sell that many of them anyway, and I'll guarantee you I could make a marketing play out of firing him.
..are you nuts!!
Yes, and thanks for asking, but that's irrelevant.