Sign in to follow this  

Please help with setup Crf450 -03

Hi I'm a newbie here :lol: and I would like to ask a question about the suspension on my Crf450 -03 that i just bought for a few weeks ago.

The suspension is all stock, but does anybody have a suggestion where I should start. I'm not that fast and I ride only track for now. (I'm planning on some riding in the woods too, but that's a later issue :lol: )

So where should I start with all clicks for compression and rebound, sag, spring rate and all that?? Right now I think the bike just trows me around from side to side when it gets bumpy :banghead:

I weigh about 198lbs

All answers are appreciated :banghead:

.49 springs, set the outerchamber oil hieght at 380cc, start the compression clicker at 7 and the rebound at 10. Set the race sag at 104mm, the low speed at 6 the high at about 1.75 and the rebound at 10.

If you race moto it oughta be pretty damn close...might be a hair stiff for a trail ride...

Edit:

I forgot one thing...

That'll be $900.... :banghead:

Hey, I had a 03 450r that factory connection re-valved they gave me some starting pointers prior to sending in my suspension. At the time I was 200lbs. They suggested .48s up front 5.6s in back, forks 12comp and 12rebound. rear 108mm sag,12 out on low speed, 3 turns on hs, rebound 10 out. I ended forks 10comp, 11 rebound. rear was 103mm sag, 12Ls comp 2 3/4Hs 10 rebound, I am a novice mx rider. Hope this helps :banghead:

Thanks guys :lol: appreciate it a lot!

I will try this if it wasn't for that :banghead: snow that appeared from the sky yesterday :busted: .. But hopefully it will melt away in a couple of days.

Shawn_Mc: just send me the bill :banghead: