Hello all

i am going on holiday to New York from the UK on the 1st November

can anyone tell me the best moto x shops to visit

in and around new york and also boston

this would be very helpfull in kitting myself out for next season

cheers :banghead:

craig

Greetings from New York!

There are no mx shops in or around the immediate area of New York City. You'd have to go into the suburbs (Long Island) or on the other side (into New Jersey or upstate NY).

I am not familiar with the city of Boston but I'd imagine it would be similar. The suburbs of Mass. or Ct. have shops as well.

A guy from another forum was planning a riding trip from the UK to NY as well. It worked out better for him to buy what he needed (riding gear/parts) mail order and have them shipped to where he was staying.

I would advise the same to you. I can only speak for NY but they will absolutely knock your head head off paying retail and buying gear and parts from a dealership here.

It's atleast a 30% markup over mail order plus 8 1/2% sales tax. Most mail order companies offer free shipping with an order over $100 USD. Even if you wind up paying a few bucks for shipping you'll still be way ahead of the game.

Unless you are purchasing a helmet or boots I would suggest looking into buying what you need from a catalog.

Good luck!

there actually are places in nyc area, just not that great. Im pretty sure theres a huge dealer downtown. Do a search in the yellow pages. If your going to long island, i know a great place called Diggin Racing. THe best place ever!!!

There's a Harley, BMW and Triumph dealership in the city. I'm not aware of any others. I don't know what the guy is riding or looking to buy, but if infact there are Honda, Suz, Yam etc... I highly doubt they have any moto x gear or parts in stock. Although it would be fun to tear it up, there's not much of a call for dirt bike parts on the streets of manhattan.

Diggin' Racing is a good shop but they're over an hour from the city.

thanks for the info :banghead:

cant wait to get to NY now apparently the marathon is on the 6th

what i really need is some asterix knee braces think i will have to order some when i am out there

cheers :banghead: