Opinions on Bridgestone M401

They work great! Loamy, hard pack, not bad in the mud either. Possibly the best front tire made.

really? I cant stand mine....cant wait to replace it. I ride in intermediate to soft terrain, and some hard pack. seems to do better on the hard pack...wierd.

I really like the 401A on mine. I ride desert, trails and some blue grooved track riding. It just digs and grabs on most surfaces for me. I had a 742 mounted and I read a few bad postings about them and went back to the 401.

We put one on the front of my sons DRZ250 and it works really good. Replaced a 756 and the 401 really feels much better.

Grey,

I tried a 401/402 combo a while back. It seemed like a decent mid-terrain setup.

Compound seems stickier than Maxxit IT, little harder than D756 and just barely harder than an M12.

Tread seems made for slightly harder ground than D756. Sidewall is stiffer than M12 and slightly stiffer than the D756 but not as hard as the IT.

Putting on and off is easier than the IT but not as easy as the M12. Cannot remember if the inside was smooth or if it was a tube-eater like the IT.

Weight should be close to the Dunlop, Mich, Pirelli.

I'd guess it's good somewhere between medium to medium-hard, and crossover to soft not that great. But I didn't try very low psi's either.

My main supplier runs Mich, so I'm sticking to S12 when wet and M12 otherwise. /Later

I have run this combo for quite awhile now on multipule bikes and like it alot. My new KTM even came stock with them. I ride a mix of sand and rocky roots with some mud mixed in and they work as good or better than anything else ive tried.(maxis it, dunlop 756 and whatever was stock on a yz 426).