Sign in to follow this  

06 kx blowen up

hey just letting everyone know my o6 250f kaw just blew up with 8 hours on the motor.the valve seat itself fell out of the head this is the second one i have heard of doing this kawa is warrenting it but it still sucks. the bike is rocket fast and handels great i love it .

hey just letting everyone know my o6 250f kaw just blew up with 8 hours on the motor.the valve seat itself fell out of the head this is the second one i have heard of doing this kawa is warrenting it but it still sucks. the bike is rocket fast and handels great i love it .

Piss off, nobody is going to buy this crap unless you can back it up with photos and the name of the shop doing the work.

Go away "newbie"

Got to have some proof man, people are in denial a bike can have problems. Sounds weird that a seat fell out though. I would like to see pictures of that also.

it might be true, but i bet his valves came too tight from the factory and was too ignorant to check them.

OH GOD HERE WE GO AGAIN........JUST DONT ANYONE REPLY TO THIS UNTIL PHOTOS ARE POSTED BY THE NEWB. :banghead:

it might be true, but i bet his valves came too tight from the factory and was too ignorant to check them.

sorry not everyone checks their valves every ride. and um maybe he doesnt know how to check them. and he's got the warranty so who cares.

i wasnt critizing anybody, i was just stateing that alot of them come tight from the factory.

Guys, im not a newbie and dont own a KX250f 06. I did until last night(sold) own a 2005 KX250f, i sold it because i was intent on getting a 2006 KXF. Everyone who rides them loves them, but today when i phoned my dealer to order he said 3/4 of the bikes

he has sold have blown.

I dont personally see how this can happen considering my 05 had about 70 hours on it without a valve movement, or any problems whatsoever.

Does anyone truthfully know about whats happening to them as i really want one but just dont want to find it not working after a few hours, i might have to go to the red side :banghead:

whoa, lets not jump to conclusions, the red ones blow up way more... I think that alot of the bikes are coming too tight from the factory, putting too much pressure on the engine.

Guys, im not a newbie and dont own a KX250f 06. I did until last night(sold) own a 2005 KX250f, i sold it because i was intent on getting a 2006 KXF. Everyone who rides them loves them, but today when i phoned my dealer to order he said 3/4 of the bikes

he has sold have blown.

I dont personally see how this can happen considering my 05 had about 70 hours on it without a valve movement, or any problems whatsoever.

Does anyone truthfully know about whats happening to them as i really want one but just dont want to find it not working after a few hours, i might have to go to the red side :banghead:

how much did you get for your 05'?

if 3/4 of the bikes have blown you would hear alot more controversy on these bikes than just the 3 people on thumpertalk. I just find it hard to belive a number like that. i mean when i raced on saturday there were more 06 kxf's than all the crf's. so more people have them then what you think.

if you want it get it, and the warranty and youll be all good.

alright i just called my shop and they said there has been no problems. me and another handfull of riders ride for the shop and we have all put tons of ride time on the bikes with no propblems. and when i called and told them some people are sayin that they are blowing up, they were surprised. so daveyboyblue im gonna have to say your dealer is bullshitt. hey and can i have there phone number just because im curious and want to talk to them.

alright i just called my shop and they said there has been no problems. me and another handfull of riders ride for the shop and we have all put tons of ride time on the bikes with no propblems. and when i called and told them some people are sayin that they are blowing up, they were surprised. so daveyboyblue im gonna have to say your dealer is bullshitt. hey and can i have there phone number just because im curious and want to talk to them.

I called two local dealers that I work with all the time who have sold collectively 5 of the 06's and not a single problem either. They also have not heard of any issues.

I too, want the name/number of the shop that said 3/4.

thats good, all this talk about them blowing up is getting me scared. Oh well, all the "cases" of them blowing up are within short hours, so it should still be on the warrenty by then!

Guys i live in the UK so whoever asked how much i got for my bike then it will be different for me. If it makes any difference i got £2900 pounds thats about $6000 or somthing, not too sure. If you really want to contact the dealer its the Motorbike Warehouse in chelmsford. I do not have the number on me at the moment. Maybe its just a freak thing a bad batch, or somthing or maybe this batch was very tight from stock. who knows, im pleased that you guys all have good bikes as it reassures me that im making the right choice.

The dealer wouldent have said such a thing if it wasnt true, considering he wants to sell bikes not put people off them, he was just being truthful.

Guys i live in the UK so whoever asked how much i got for my bike then it will be different for me. If it makes any difference i got £2900 pounds thats about $6000 or somthing, not too sure. If you really want to contact the dealer its the Motorbike Warehouse in chelmsford. I do not have the number on me at the moment. Maybe its just a freak thing a bad batch, or somthing or maybe this batch was very tight from stock. who knows, im pleased that you guys all have good bikes as it reassures me that im making the right choice.

The dealer wouldent have said such a thing if it wasnt true, considering he wants to sell bikes not put people off them, he was just being truthful.

didnt notice you were in the UK...but i have an 05', so general curiosity made me ask. just wanted to know what i was sittin on...

This reminds me of when the bikes first came out back in 04. Remember trannys blowing up, 4th gear? It was isolated in the end, but it was a problem for certain / aggressive riders. Everyone was calling BS at the early reports of the failures, but it turned out to be true.

So It would be wise to just wait and see.