lights

OK I know its been covered be for but I cant find it so is there a bulb for a 05 wr that I can swap out the stock for that will be better with out spending a lot of cash? I don't ride at night but once a year thanks

Yes their is.

The 2005 WR450 comes with a H4 light bulb witch is also referred to as a 9003 or an HB2. Baja Designs has a H4 PIAA for $40, Or you can pick one up at your local auto parts store that will be 20% brighter than stock and a tint more white.

Sylvania has one called silver star:thumbsup: I spent 25 on it, and have been having a great time at night. It was a great improvement from stock :banghead:

Eddy you are the man now where did ya get it [sylvania has one called silver star] that is and by the way where are you two registered at,DAM IT, tell me now be for Tonya yells at me for not finding out :banghead:

Fish, check the wattage. The OE 9003 in the WR's is a 35/35 watt, same consumption on high or low beam, while the automotive 9003 is 55/65W and the WR's run on high beam. You may not have enough ooomph to run the 65 watt with a stock lighting system. . :banghead::banghead:

Fish, check the wattage. The OE 9003 in the WR's is a 35/35 watt, same consumption on high or low beam, while the automotive 9003 is 55/65W and the WR's run on high beam. You may not have enough ooomph to run the 65 watt with a stock lighting system. . :banghead::banghead:

I street legalized my 05 WR450, and I installed a hi/low switch for the headlight. Even though the wattages are the same, the aim is totally different, and in the tight woods, a lot of the time I prefer the light setting on the non-stock setting, so the light is more on the trail right before me.

Another thing that I think is kinda cool is made by trailtech, its a HID mounted lamp on your helmet that either runs off of your electrical system or off a self contained battery. Very bright from what I hear as well. Might be a bit much to run off the stock system in conjunction with the headlight, but it'd be a nice addition if you have the power.

M.

I street legalized my 05 WR450, and I installed a hi/low switch for the headlight. Even though the wattages are the same, the aim is totally different, and in the tight woods, a lot of the time I prefer the light setting on the non-stock setting, so the light is more on the trail right before me.

I didnt make mine street legal, but did also add thge low/high beam. But did it for a backup in case one side burnt out. I suppose one could use the regular charging system/12V to run the headlamp and not use the AC lighting coil and run a higher wattage bulb.

Eddy you are the man now where did ya get it [sylvania has one called silver star] that is and by the way where are you two registered at,DAM IT, tell me now be for Tonya yells at me for not finding out :banghead:

I got the bulb at kragen, But i saw them a pep boy's and auto zone as well.

You two do enough, It's a gift just letting Vero use your pooper. let's shake and call it even:cheers:

I'll have to check the 9003 series package, But i believe it was only a 35 watt bulb that put out a brighter light. The stock light system picks it up just fine. And it was well worth the money.

A wr 426 has a 125-130 watt stator in it. More than enough to run a 65w bulb. I run (2) 50 watt MR-16 bulbs in my Acerbis Blitz headlight, wired so both are on all the time. I have the WR426 stator in my YZ400, more than enough wattage to power them. And bright as hell. :lol: