Sign in to follow this  

Want a Street Moto

Ok question for all the super moto guys. I normally ride trail on my street legal WR250F but I am looking for something for the street. Something I can ride to work on. Ok dont tell me the new Suzuki super moto DRZ, seen it and Im not interested. I would rather have a ENduro race bike that was converted. I have seen some Huquvarna's that look pretty good out of the box.

Anyone have something they want to part with?

Ok question for all the super moto guys. I normally ride trail on my street legal WR250F but I am looking for something for the street. Something I can ride to work on. Ok dont tell me the new Suzuki super moto DRZ, seen it and Im not interested. I would rather have a ENduro race bike that was converted. I have seen some Huquvarna's that look pretty good out of the box.

Anyone have something they want to part with?

Build a WR450F for the street, you will be in love.

You SAW it and were not interested? Pretty funny.

You probably never test drive a car before buying either. If it looks good, must be good...right?

Of course, I agree that the WR450F would make a much better Motard, but it would be more work as well, no keys, etc so it would be easier for a thief to steal...but maybe not an issue in Vermont.

No DRZ :banghead:. They actually make a great street tard.... Now you gotta admit you could sport one if it was like mine.... :banghead:🤣

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y297/n8theg8/WCSMdemo3.jpg

Now then again I could see myself sporting a Husky, KTM, CRF450X or a converted WR. That would be sweet as well.... But that Aprilia SXV calls to me more than anything else.🤣

Forget the WR if you want big power... Go for the YZ450 ! Maybe not as reliable in the long run but much more fun. Lighter and more powerful. I got the YZ426 converted for the road and its a beast ! DRZ eater for sure...

Got to hand it to the DRZ though they are very well liked by the millions that own them. There are also tons of mods and hot-ups. Maybe depends on how much commuting you will be doing? I do about 28 Miles a day when a do ride in to work. Mostly about 60 MPH type roads...

Since put a Acerbis Supermoto front fender on but you get the idea...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/tontomatic/DSCF0077.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/tontomatic/comparison.jpg

What you think?

Build a WR450F for the street, you will be in love.

I could problably find a wr450 cheap and do a conversion.

You SAW it and were not interested? Pretty funny.

You probably never test drive a car before buying either. If it looks good, must be good...right?

Of course, I agree that the WR450F would make a much better Motard, but it would be more work as well, no keys, etc so it would be easier for a thief to steal...but maybe not an issue in Vermont.

Actually the test drives car dealership allow dont really help much! They are a little hesitant to let me drift the car! LOL same for motos..

I agree the DRZ is problably a really good bike but every super moto newbie will be running those. lol

Vermont is a nice place but I wouldnt leave my brand new WR450F super moto out for to long!

No DRZ :banghead:. They actually make a great street tard.... Now you gotta admit you could sport one if it was like mine.... :banghead:🤣

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y297/n8theg8/WCSMdemo3.jpg

Now then again I could see myself sporting a Husky, KTM, CRF450X or a converted WR. That would be sweet as well.... But that Aprilia SXV calls to me more than anything else.🤣

The Aprilia is what I really want!! How much do you think they will run?

Your DRZ is pretty nice!

I was told expect 8500 - 9500 on the Aprilia by the Aprilia rep that brought the SXV to the WCSM School I attended....

I agree the DRZ is problably a really good bike but every super moto newbie will be running those. lol
Good point.... :banghead: I am just waiting for a newbie on an SM model to come up to a stop light next to me one of these days..... So I can unleash my 450 stroker and slaughter it. Motor starts going together this week. :banghead:

And was that price for the Race SVX or the street version. Aprilia stand to capitalize big time on the latest and greatest craze in street bikes..

Lets see Harley... ah no that seen is played, every 23 year old web developer is buying one!

A crotch Rocket? Well they are sick but you cant really use them to there potential on the street.

I was told expect 8500 - 9500 on the Aprilia by the Aprilia rep that brought the SXV to the WCSM School I attended....

Good point.... :banghead: I am just waiting for a newbie on an SM model to come up to a stop light next to me one of these days..... So I can unleash my 450 stroker and slaughter it. Motor starts going together this week. :banghead:

And was that price for the Race SVX or the street version. Aprilia stand to capitalize big time on the latest and greatest craze in street bikes..

Lets see Harley... ah no that seen is played, every 23 year old web developer is buying one!

A crotch Rocket? Well they are sick but you cant really use them to there potential on the street.

Not sure I would imagine that price was for the race model? Agreed on the Harley. Who wants a bike that has the same style it had in the 30's anyways. Overpriced low performance brick. :banghead:

Forget the WR if you want big power... Go for the YZ450 ! Maybe not as reliable in the long run but much more fun. Lighter and more powerful. I got the YZ426 converted for the road and its a beast ! DRZ eater for sure...

Got to hand it to the DRZ though they are very well liked by the millions that own them. There are also tons of mods and hot-ups. Maybe depends on how much commuting you will be doing? I do about 28 Miles a day when a do ride in to work. Mostly about 60 MPH type roads...

Since put a Acerbis Supermoto front fender on but you get the idea...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/tontomatic/DSCF0077.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/tontomatic/comparison.jpg

What you think?

How are you powering your lights, and do you have license plates for it? Just out of curiosity? :banghead:

Nothing pumps up the fragile male ego like a good old lopsided smackdown of another lower hp SM bike at the stoplight races.

🤣

Funny thing is those smaller hp SM bikes with the right pilot can spank the big bikes and their egos in the corners at the smaller supermoto tracks.

Nothing pumps up the fragile male ego like a good old lopsided smackdown of another lower hp SM bike at the stoplight races.

🤣

Funny thing is those smaller hp SM bikes with the right pilot can spank the big bikes and their egos in the corners at the smaller supermoto tracks.

I couldn't agree more. Its all in good fun though. I mean after low siding it at the track even the kid on the damn 85 could take me on when I did my WCSM school. I can laugh about it.🤣

I just get a kick out of racing people at the stop lights. Its fun. I have been wasted by many a street bike. I used to just do wheelies to stun them into going slower. Psychological warfare. :banghead::banghead:

How are you powering your lights, and do you have license plates for it? Just out of curiosity? :banghead:

Yep i got plates and lights. Just fitted an aftermarket lighing coil. Perfect for headlight and brake lights. Although at idle the lights are fairly dim. There are a few different options to go for on the YZ mods, you can even use LEDs as the tail light and brake light that use less power.

All in all dam good fun !! :banghead: