Sign in to follow this  

holeshot device?

yeah its jsut i can pick one up cheap now..but dont know if i want to because i might be getting a honda next year. tihs one is supposed to fit all yz's and yzf's just wondering if it will fit a cr

yeah its jsut i can pick one up cheap now..but dont know if i want to because i might be getting a honda next year. tihs one is supposed to fit all yz's and yzf's just wondering if it will fit a cr

well ask the manuf.

This might be a dopey question, but what exactly do those hole-shot things do anyway? :banghead:

This might be a dopey question, but what exactly do those hole-shot things do anyway? :banghead:

lol i was wondering the same thing. i know they compress the forks but how does it help....

the front is lower which makes it harder to wheelie....which means you can give it more throttle and go faster

By compressing the forks it puts your weight over the front of the bike more (where you should be anyway) so it'll have less tendency to wheelie when you hit the gas. SO wen th efront end does come down, it compresses a little, and it lets go of the front end and it goes back up to it's original height.

You need your fork guards to be in good shape, and all 3 bolts in the bottom need to be there ('cause you're pulling the front end down with the plastic fork guard). If the mounting holes at the bottom of the fork guard are messed up, it could rip the fork guard right off the fork leg... :banghead:

At least that's how it was explained to me.

So it keeps the forks compressed.... What unlocks that little gizmo so the forks can work normally after you take off?

By compressing the forks it puts your weight over the front of the bike more (where you should be anyway) so it'll have less tendency to wheelie when you hit the gas. SO wen th efront end does come down, it compresses a little, and it lets go of the front end and it goes back up to it's original height.

You need your fork guards to be in good shape, and all 3 bolts in the bottom need to be there ('cause you're pulling the front end down with the plastic fork guard). If the mounting holes at the bottom of the fork guard are messed up, it could rip the fork guard right off the fork leg... :banghead:

At least that's how it was explained to me.

You are correct sir, :banghead: but as i said if your on a crncrete starting pad they dont help at all

The first time the front tire hits the ground it compresses enough to let go. The pin mounted on the fork guard is spring loaded to pull out, so when you compress the fork a little, the spring pulls the pin out, and the front end grows back to normal height.

So it keeps the forks compressed.... What unlocks that little gizmo so the forks can work normally after you take off?

When you get to the first corner and brake you compress the fork further and it releases.

How much would you pay for a custom made holeshot device? Some friends and I are making these holeshot devices at school for ourselves and are wondering how much we could sell them for. Thanks.

well if your custom ones work..i would say 50 bucks?..i would pay that if it worked well :banghead:

but i use a holeshot device..it works well..i can use more throttle on dirt starts and not have to worry about wheelieing and flipping over backwards..and when you enter the first turn and you grab the front brake some or just throw your weight forward(which you should be doing anyways) the fork compresses down and the lil pin comes out and the fork can now go back to normal height..all the pros use them..and alot of ppl at the races use them..next time ur at a race with a dirt starting pad..watch for people pushing the front of their bikes down and someone up front pushing something on the fork gaurd :banghead:

How much would you pay for a custom made holeshot device? Some friends and I are making these holeshot devices at school for ourselves and are wondering how much we could sell them for. Thanks.

POST A PIC OF THE ONES YOU MADE

depends on your fork dia.

and they work the best on dirt starting gates, concrete its kinda worthless

Very very true

They are still being made. Once we get the first one out i will post a pic.

They compress the forks down in their stroke to prevent wheelying of of dirt starts. With more weight pre-loaded on the front of the bike, it lessens the chance of wheelying. It balances back out once you get going.

Its not valuable on concrete starts because on concrete your main concern isn't wheelying, but getting wheelspin.