Sign in to follow this  

New To TT

Hello all,

I have been "guesting" around TT for a while and figured it was time to add another woman to the bunch. In the dirt, I currently ride a CRF230F. Been working on dialing it in...I have to say, the CRF230F is an interesting bike OTB. I ended up rejetting it (power-up kit, etc.), cut baffle out, put new BBR springs front and back, Pro-taper bars with risers, fastway pegs and oh and how could I forget...chucked the stock Pirelli tires for Dunlop 739(front) 952(back) a must since we often ride in gravel and hard packed clay....mmmm cheese grater conditions. I think I have done just about a much as I can to it before the CRF250F or X or R becomes the next logical step...(ack..someone put me on the rack, I'm only 5'2)

We are a happy MX (and street) riding family. My SO and I live in Northern California and ride as often as our sore muscles will allow (approx. 2-3 times a week). He is a fellow TT member and rides an RM125. We have gone on some trail rides but normally ride at what we loving call "The Pit". The wee six YO is on a CRF50F and SHE loves it! (oh no..what have we done...it is already her second bike). Our current bike total is me=3, him=2, small child=1 (right now...I win…heheheh) But then again tomorrow is another day and the #'s could change and I think my “surprised” face broke a while ago and I think I have resigned myself to never again be able to park my car in the garage...Cheers

Sweet! Welcome aboard - where in Norcal do you live?

Welcome Becca!! You will find all kinds of information and help here. It's a wonderful place to learn and meet new people!! How long have you been riding?

I think I have done just about a much as I can to it before the CRF250F or X or R becomes the next logical step...(ack..someone put me on the rack, I'm only 5'2)

:banghead: Sounds to me like you ARE on track! I bet with your enthusiasm and experience, and a little suspension work, you could get a CRF250F to work for you! 🤣

Welcome to TT! :banghead:

I saw honda has/or will have a crf250Xjr...

Its the same size as the 230, but has the 250 suspension, light kit, and engine. Only weights 180 lbs!!!

You should check that out!

I had checked it out. The CRF250XJR seemed to be an interesting concept by Service Honda. Gotta love the mind twist of a CRF250X motor slammed into a CR80 chassis! But when it said "The prices start at just $8,999" 🤣 Granted it has many the perks I am looking for. In looking over the specs I realized the dimensions are way too small...almost identical as my old DR-Z125L...and the few things that comes to my mind on that uber rare occasion I take "the doctor" out is:

1. "monkey"

2. "football"

3. why don't MX apparel companies make kidney belts designed for women?

But then I thought..."ooo...spend less...push yourself and improve your skills" yup me dig :banghead: Mr Twofiddysuminorudda I'll be seein' ya :banghead: next year?!

My wife (Valerie Wilson on TT) has a CRF250R. She's 5'4".

All I had to do was raise the fork tubes 8mm, set the race sag at 108mm instead of 100 to match up with the fork change, and shave the seat 1 3/4 inches and the bike fits her perfectly. So you're only talking about $200 in springs, and the rest of the changes are free.

Pretty simple fix.

Before that she rode an 80 expert, and it was way too small.

The "doctor" nice! A friend of mine was telling me how she started riding on an old Mister 50, took awhile till I realized she was talking about the old Honda Elsinore MR50 like my kids both rode a few years ago.

Welcome to the ladies room Becca! :banghead:

My son's 5'4" (but growing since he's only 13 yo) and he is getting (IF he gets his grades back up to where they are supposed to be) a CRF250R this winter. He can ride my CR500 better than I can, but he can't start it without needing a stump or rut so it's usually mom to the rescue.

:banghead: I love the idea of using the CRF250R as a carrot...should work!!

Aaahh...the "doctor" wasn't it's first name. The CHB ("Cold Hearted <clearing throat>" ) was it's first. It came so lean OTB that it took many tries to kick it over and sure to leave a lovely bruise trail up my shin (thx foot peg). So...the fuel screw plug had to be drilled out, reset and rejetted. After that was done...The Doc Z was born. Hmm...kind of a reverse Dr. Jeckel/Mr. Hyde deal now that i think of it.

I LOVE THE ELECTRIC START ON MY CRF230F!!!

peepwall.gif (but I do miss the kick start)

just want to say welcome and it sounds like you have your bike down pat..

I ride a klr250 dual sport for on and off road fun. tt has been great for finding a lot of info on my bike and riding places...

keep riding :banghead:

also have yz250 for fast fun.

[quote name=Becca

I LOVE THE ELECTRIC START ON MY CRF230F!!!

[/quote]

CRF250X!!!! :banghead:

Love my start button. I am 5'3". Brian is right. We put about $300.00 total in mine and it's lowered just right. Sounds like you are on the right track!

SusanE

PS. I have two bikes, TTR125L, 250X; 12 YO son YZ125, SX85; 11 YO son SX65 YZ85; Husband KX250 only......We win! :banghead:

You're up by one! That's okay, she's gonna be on a two fiddy next year :banghead: