i'am going to to buy one of the above ,

brand new .

i'am 5 4" , 110 lb

it's my second two wheel bike since a long time

got too little about these two models , cause i'm

driving a 4 wheeler since a while .

Need which is better for me.

Thanks in advance

if you got the money, neighbors who disregard sound, the time to do maintenance, race, and don't mind risking a bigger injury (if and when you fall)definetly go with the RM85

---------------------------------------------------

i'm truly thankful to all of you guys

TTRer comment about maintenance ,

would you specify more .. got to know

if i should put the bike for maintenance

each 2 or 3 hour of racing .

tell me more about that please ,

i appreciate your help and anyone would

advise more .

---------------------------------------------------

i'm truly thankful to all of you guys

TTRer comment about maintenance ,

would you specify more .. got to know

if i should put the bike for maintenance

each 2 or 3 hour of racing .

tell me more about that please ,

i appreciate your help and anyone would

advise more .

I THINK HE IS BEING A LITTLE OVER BOARD WITH ALL THAT

THE MAINTANANCE ON THE RM IS NOT BAD ESPCIALLY FOR A BEGINNER WHO WONT BE TEARING IT UP

YOU MIGHT DO A TOP END ONE IT EVERY SO OFTER LIKE ONCE A YEAR

IF YOU RACE THE HELL OUT OF IT MAYBE MORE

• 1 year later...

it depends on what u need it for, get the RM if u want to race and have a lot of low end, or get the DRZ125L if u want speed and good fun roun the trails. if u do go towards the DRZ125L make sure that it is cheaper than the KLX125L because they are the exact same bike in all ways apart from colour, may i also say to consider the CRF150R if u have the money, these are a grate bike plenty of pickup and enough speed. overall all of these bikes ae grate, but if u don't want to get bored i'd recomend the CRF150R for all situations, weather it be hittin the trails, raceing the track or just cruzin round a mates acreage. i have a KLX125L and i regret gettin it because it was fun for about 1 month and then i got bored of it, and also the KLX/DRZ 125L won't be flogged on the track by a RM85L, 1 dude has already tried againts me, but also he might not have run it in properly. o and when u do finaly get a bike don't bitch about it on the web, quit bitchen and ride i say, peace out

it depends on what u need it for, get the RM if u want to race and have a lot of low end, or get the DRZ125L if u want speed and good fun roun the trails. if u do go towards the DRZ125L make sure that it is cheaper than the KLX125L because they are the exact same bike in all ways apart from colour, may i also say to consider the CRF150R if u have the money, these are a grate bike plenty of pickup and enough speed. overall all of these bikes ae grate, but if u don't want to get bored i'd recomend the CRF150R for all situations, weather it be hittin the trails, raceing the track or just cruzin round a mates acreage. i have a KLX125L and i regret gettin it because it was fun for about 1 month and then i got bored of it, and also the KLX/DRZ 125L won't be flogged on the track by a RM85L, 1 dude has already tried againts me, but also he might not have run it in properly. o and when u do finaly get a bike don't bitch about it on the web, quit bitchen and ride i say, peace out

You have got to be kidding about a RM85 not smoking you

A drz125 is a pit bike not a MX Race bike

The guy needs a RM85 or RM/KX100 probly

If you ride alot or plan on racing get the suzuki RM85 it got a fairly broad powerband

( it doesn't have the most lowend power as people say, after riding several 85s i found the kawi has the most bottom)

The DRZ 125 will seem slow after awhile and the suspension is not adequate for the track

I think a 100 would be a better choice for this kid. They are user friendly to the vertically chalenged person yet pack a big punch. I is also a bike you will grow into. My friend who is about 5'9" and probably 150 pounds rides a KX100. He is 18 now and has been riding since he bought it new in 2003. He is just starting to think about moving up but isn't sure yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

im a proud owner of an 04 drz 125, and i love it!!! i would suggest the L variant for the front disc brake and better ground clearence. If u know how to uncork a bike, the drz will do u fine. I have the snorkel out and the the screen from your air filter to your airboot out plus the spark arrestor out. She pulls my 5' 7'', 140 pound butt up some pretty scary stuff.