Sg-10's

Tech-8's versus Gearne Sg-10's who likes which one? why and why not... thanks in advance.

I wear SG-10's and I like them, now that they are broke in. It took a while to break the 10's in. I wasn't riding every day or even once a week, but it took probably 10 riding days to break them in. I would run practice in the Gearne's and then put on my Tech - 6's to race. At first I could not feel the shift lever or the brake pedal. Now the fit and feel is good. Great protection from the SG-10.

it takes a ride or two to get used to the SG10's due to their wider build. I bought a pair and I love them, and I only have about 4 rides in them so far. The sizing is correct and I feel as though my feet slip right into them. I haven't ever worn Tech 8's, so I can't give you any feedback on whether one is better than the other.

Thanks for the quick replies, I was gunna ask about the sizing Ive heard that they usually fit to size is this true?

The SG-10's are a great pair of boots. I have had mine for about a year now with no complaints here. The sizing for me is the same as my regular shoes.

My SG10 sizing is one less than my New Balance 13 shoe size, and matches my Nike Shoe size 12. They are a wider build and feeling the levers can be something that takes getting used to, but once broken in, they are a great boot. I've had mine for about 9 months, and love em'

I didn't feel the break in period at all. I just rode w/ them and no problems either in comfort or function. I've had mine for about 8-9 months and no broken buckles or defects. Fitment was true to size. They also seal well, as I've done some deep water crossings with no leakage...

Tech-8's versus Gearne Sg-10's who likes which one? why and why not... thanks in advance.

Tech 8's: had them first. Because of the bootie/shell design, the 'box' was so large that I had to run a longer shift lever, also there was a pressure point on the sides of my feet, near the little toe.

Fox Forma Pros: very comfy but lacked ankle support

SG-10s: What I have now, so far my favorite, as comfortable as the Formas, but better support/protection.

I've been a Alpinestars fan for quite a while. This time around I wanted to try something different, I bought the SG10s.. Honestly, it took a long time to break them in, I was second guessing them. My wife bought them for me last Christmas and they are just now getting comfortable. I'm real happy with them now. When I bought my tech 10s I took them out of the box and race a thousand mile race with zero problems, they felt like slippers right out the box. They were great boots and held up for a couple of years..

I just scored a new pair of tech 8s for $150 on ebay ($170 shipped). From what I've seen, that's a steal...I'll let you know what I think next week after my first ride with them

The SG's offer tons of protection, however I like the fit of the Tech 8 more.

I've just started riding with the sg-10's and have no complaint. very very comfortable compaired to a mid priced version of the msr boots. I bought them through rocky mountain because I trust them and they met a lower priced advertisment.

Doug

I just got a pair off ebay. brand new 229 shipped.

I get to try them this weekend, ill let you know.

I've been a Alpinestars fan for quite a while. This time around I wanted to try something different, I bought the SG10s.. Honestly, it took a long time to break them in, I was second guessing them. My wife bought them for me last Christmas and they are just now getting comfortable. I'm real happy with them now. When I bought my tech 10s I took them out of the box and race a thousand mile race with zero problems, they felt like slippers right out the box. They were great boots and held up for a couple of years..

u mean sg 10 not tech 10 i believe.

I had Fox Forma Pros, Tech 8s and Tech 6s before going to SG 10s. The soles on the Gaernes are holding up better than the others. It took me a few rides to get comfortable with the vague feel of the controls with the SG 10, but now I love them. At first, I found myself standing on my heal from time to time because they were stiff and I couldn't feel exactly where my foot was on the peg.

The ankle support of the SG 10 is much better than the Tech 8, especially after the Tech 8 is broken in. The SG feels lighter on your feet and I don't miss the bootie hassle one bit.

I didn't feel the break in period at all. I just rode w/ them and no problems either in comfort or function. I've had mine for about 8-9 months and no broken buckles or defects. Fitment was true to size. They also seal well, as I've done some deep water crossings with no leakage...

That's just about what I've experienced with my SG-10s. I wear a size 10 street shoe but went with size 11 boots for "wiggle" room and thick socks. The buckles have a sweet high-quality feel. :banghead:

Dan.

I had a terrible time with the tech 8's the bottie and the buckles are very disappointing.

SG10's worked out better for me. Better protection and the break in period was non existing, The buckles are a breeze to undo :banghead: