Weird carb jetting problem on 225

I did the exhaust mod on my wifes ttr225 and put a twin-air filter in it wich made it a little lean with the stock 40 pilot jet in it. So I bought a 45 (the dealership didn't have a 42.5 in stock). Now for the weird part. It won't idle unless the idle screw is all the way up and the pilot screw is all the way closed. No two or three turns out, all the way closed. Isn't it supposed to be that the richer it runs the more you screw the pilot screw out? Any suggestions?

its running rich so take it out dont run it like that unless you like not going anywhere and buying new plugs

put back the old jet and maybe get a bigger main jet or wait till the 42.5 comes

for me the 135main is a little rich at times but the 132.5 works great with stock pilot jet

the 42.5 is rich for my bike also

I did the exhaust mod on my wifes ttr225 and put a twin-air filter in it wich made it a little lean with the stock 40 pilot jet in it. So I bought a 45 (the dealership didn't have a 42.5 in stock). Now for the weird part. It won't idle unless the idle screw is all the way up and the pilot screw is all the way closed. No two or three turns out, all the way closed. Isn't it supposed to be that the richer it runs the more you screw the pilot screw out? Any suggestions?

A very COMMON thing I am seeing with 225's is the dealer ships are ordering a 45 pilot BLEED jet, costs about $2.50.

The correct Jet does come in a 42.5, non bleed, its also almost 14 bux!

The 225's are special......

I am picking mine up today I will post the part number in the sticky thread additionally, your jets should ALWAYS be screwed in all the way on a 225, the only adjustment you can make is to losen or tighten the fuel screw, which is hidden under the brass cap, I have some screen shots in the stickied 225 thread in these forums. If you want you can PM me and I will be glad to try and help you as much as I can.

Thanks guys. I figured out the problem. The guy at the parts counter sold me the wrong style jet (I didn't know the difference). I ordered the right one in a 42.5 and 45 and they were only around $3.00 a peice. Thanks again for the help.