Sign in to follow this  

is my bike ok?

hey yall i am new here and and have a stupid question that has been asked a million times or so, i'm sure? anyhow i just bought a sm400 and put 20 miles on it the way the book say's to, before i read the article that you need to run it hard during break in. did i ruin my bike, or will it just be slow now but ok.thanks for any help.

Well I would not worry about it. I would not rebuild quite yet. Just read the mototune article and go from there.

:banghead: don't worry just keep riding it.after about 300 or so miles it should be broke in. :banghead:

i don't think you are supposed to ride it hard when braking it in. Just do what the book says. You should be fine! I think you are not supposed to ride it hard!

I think it's impossible to "take it easy" on the motor for 300 miles/10 hours or whatever. That's torture! Your bike will be fine. Enjoy it!

Dan

hey yall i am new here and and have a stupid question that has been asked a million times or so, i'm sure? anyhow i just bought a sm400 and put 20 miles on it the way the book say's to, before i read the article that you need to run it hard during break in. did i ruin my bike, or will it just be slow now but ok.thanks for any help.

You did nothing to really "damage" your bike. The rings most likely won't provide the best seal but you'll be fine. Now that you know about the break it in hard method do it that way.

i don't think you are supposed to ride it hard when braking it in. Just do what the book says. You should be fine! I think you are not supposed to ride it hard!

i rode it like i stole it :banghead: