Prarie City or Hollister?

My buddy and I want to ride somewhere other than carnigie this sunday. He suggested prarie city but thats about an hour and a half from Manteca. I get the impression from this forum that prarie city isn't all that great. I told him that if prarie city does suck we should just go to hollister (personally I think hollister is kick ass when its not crowded). So lets have it guys, Prarie city or Hollister?

P.S. I know this isn't related to the thread but does Elkins Flat have strict noise enforcement???

prairie city is 400-500 acres of mostly flat ground with a few loose rocks thrown in to break up the scenery.Hollister is better but elkins flat is much better.never been tested at elkins but have been at stonyford,georgetown and foresthill.I believe they now check for sound at hollister before they let you in but I can not confirm this as I have not been there in 4 years.why not just buy the muffler that meets the 96 db's and not worry about it?

If it is between Hollister and Prairie City....Hollister wins hands down. I have went to Elkins Flat once and it was a blast. I didn't see many other people, let alone any rangers to test sound. We went in a back way that the locals use, so maybe that is why. Actually of all the places we ride, Hollister seems to be the most strict on sound. I always see the rangers nabbing people and testing them. My buddy actually bought a FMF Q at their store because they tested him and he failed.

hollister is gay dirt covered in quad terds.

Prarie city SRVA has rocks, hangtown, 2 great small kids tracks, kart raceways and the quads stay in the parking lot where they belong. Prarie City rangers are cool. Prarie city has water hose bibs at each parking/day camp site. Prarie city has clean spacious restrooms. Prarie city has every type of trail obstacle you may run into in real life. Hollister has groomed fire roads just like it's a small world at Disneyland.

Hollister is packed with every A hole from the bay area, Prarie City is just some locals from cow town. :banghead:

hollister is gay dirt covered in quad terds.

Prarie city SRVA has rocks, hangtown, 2 great small kids tracks, kart raceways and the quads stay in the parking lot where they belong. Prarie City rangers are cool. Prarie city has water hose bibs at each parking/day camp site. Prarie city has clean spacious restrooms. Prarie city has every type of trail obstacle you may run into in real life. Hollister has groomed fire roads just like it's a small world at Disneyland.

Hollister is packed with every A hole from the bay area, Prarie City is just some locals from cow town. :banghead:

Go ahead and beleive yourself :banghead:

The Hollister rangers know what will pass the sound test just by looking at it. For example a stock CRF system with a PMB tip and screen tests at around 98. They let it slide and dont bother testing because its close to the 96 requirement. They know it because they have tested this set up so many times before. When they see a 03 YZF450 with a Yosh pipe they know it wont pass the test. Thats the guy they will test and either send him home, write a ticket, or both. They only test the guys that are loud, they know from experience what passes and what doesnt.

Also, if you think Hollister is just fireroads you dont know the place. Its not Clear Creek but there are a few tight trails that are good.

Go to Hollister get a map from the rangers as you enter. Depending on your riding ability search out trails and make a loop of it. Try Jays Way, Petes Path, and if you dare try the Troll Trail. After all of that you can possibly say it is even remotely like Prairy City SVRA then you are most certainly joking.

Pick up the Troll Trail from the very beginning. Most people start it from the halfway point. I think the very beginning of the trail is the best. The front or lower side of Hollister is real good too with deer trails going off in every direction and wicked technical hill climbs through the trees. If you ride the above listed trails I guarantee you will not see any quads period...

HH

I think Bob was kidding. He has to be kidding. :banghead:

read my post word for word, nothing but facts...colorful facts maybe but facts they are.............. except maybe yeah some quads at PC do venture beyond the parking lot.

girl scout troops go to Hollister, rugged individuals go to Prarie City.

Just ask the great ET. Hollister lovers come to Clear Creek and see a few rocks and tougher trails, they run home never to return. Prarie City riders, eat rocks for breakfast, visit Clear Creek, love it and come back often.

I know hollister like the back of my hand but my buddy wants to try something new. If prarie city is only 500 acres I don't think I even want to bother. I've never had an issue with the rangers at hollister about the sound thing. I just don't draw attention to myself by reving the piss out of the motor and pullin wheelies on the main road. I have a P.C. T-4 on my bike and never once have I been pulled aside at the gate and tested. I guess I've just been lucky. Im gonna look into clear creek and we just might give it a shot.

read my post word for word, nothing but facts...colorful facts maybe but facts they are.............. except maybe yeah some quads at PC do venture beyond the parking lot.

girl scout troops go to Hollister, rugged individuals go to Prarie City.

Just ask the great ET. Hollister lovers come to Clear Creek and see a few rocks and tougher trails, they run home never to return. Prarie City riders, eat rocks for breakfast, visit Clear Creek, love it and come back often.

Seems to me that Hollister is for the younger guys. You can really open it up and fly on some of those trails. I love technical trails but its hard to beat the fast pace you can run at Hollister.

Go to Hollister get a map from the rangers as you enter. Depending on your riding ability search out trails and make a loop of it. Try Jays Way, Petes Path, and if you dare try the Troll Trail. After all of that you can possibly say it is even remotely like Prairy City SVRA then you are most certainly joking.

Pick up the Troll Trail from the very beginning. Most people start it from the halfway point. I think the very beginning of the trail is the best. The front or lower side of Hollister is real good too with deer trails going off in every direction and wicked technical hill climbs through the trees. If you ride the above listed trails I guarantee you will not see any quads period...

HH

HEY H.H. SHHHhhhhhhhhh :banghead: