New 450X Site

Hey All,

Since I have not had a chance to ride much lately, I've spent a few days trying to design a personal website of my 450X along with whatever info about them I can find. Check it out and give me some feedback. If anyone has some technical info, tips, how to's, web links, or bike pics that I could add to it, please let me know. I'll add it to the site, with credit to you. I'm just trying to put all the info I can find on the 450X into one place.... I know I've had to search all over myself.

Please feel free to PM or post any suggestions!

-Joel

450X Homepage

The site looks/works great! I love the way all of the links and different area's are easy to get to and back from. Great job! :banghead:

Good job on the site. :banghead: The only thing that I would like to see that I didn't is how you got your bike registered in Cali. I'm thinking of doing the same with mine. :banghead:

I just found your link for the dual sport process. :lol: :lol: You really did your homework on this. Again great site! :banghead::banghead:

Excellent site!

Clearly you have a lot of money,a lot of time and or a lot of backing for such a nice site. You have thought through the layout very carefully as the navigation is very nice.

About your bike, What's your height and do you like the feel of those bars? I have been going back and forth about damper mount location. I am sold on the Scott's damper but I'm hung up on the loss of protection and I am also not sure about the height change either.

Very Kool :banghead:

Holy cow, I suppose you do this for a living? Most of the manufacturer web sites I've been to lately, look like a 3 year old did them. I'd hate to think that they paid to get the web pages they have!

Great Job!

joel. :banghead: nice site.. :banghead:

Thanks all for the comments!!! Any suggestions or additions are welcome!!!:banghead:

ttr2255:

About your bike, What's your height and do you like the feel of those bars? I have been going back and forth about damper mount location. I am sold on the Scott's damper but I'm hung up on the loss of protection and I am also not sure about the height change either.

ttr2255 - sent you a PM on that topic

ttr2255 - sent you a PM on that topic

Why did you answer with a pm? There are others intersted in your answer to that question...

Why did you answer with a pm? There are others intersted in your answer to that question...

Sorry rvl, only because I thought it was a little off topic from the thread.

Here was my repsonse:

Not alot of money, a little time now and then, and no backing. I made the site with some trial software(and a few additions of my own).

I'm 6 feet, 190 lbs. My bars are pretty comfortable for me, although my bike is new and I haven't had a lot of seat time on it yet. They were recommended by Scotts for my setup when I got my dampener mount. I don't do much MX or jumping, so I'm not as concerned about losing a bar pad. I do think about it every now and then though, when I'm looking down at that big hunk of metal. Wouldn't want "SCOTTS" embedded across my face. If you haven't talk with tech support at Scotts, give that a try.....they are super helpful in setting you up perfectly. And they seem flexible about letting you exchange something if it's not working for you.

Here are few measurements for bar comparison (borrowed from rOb)

Carmichael width 31.5", height 3.00", pullback 2.17"

Hi-Bends width 32", height 3.74" pullback, 2.45"

Mid-Bends width 31", height 3.23", pullback 2.36"

Lo-Bends width 32", height 2.8", pullback 2.68"

Henry/Reed height 32", height 3.62", pullback 2.24"

Windham Bend width=32", height=3.90", pullback=2.13"

Pastrana FMX is the tallest bar available:

Pastrana width=30.5", height=4.75", pullback=2.17

Hawkins Woods Hi-Bend width=30.50, height=3.74", pullback=2.56"

And here's a CRFsOnly thread about these bars: Link

I am VERY impressed. :banghead:

Wow, that's one of the best websites I have seen in a long time! Great job, I'll bet it took a lot of time. One question, what do the three buttons mounted on your bars for the Lynx computer do?

One question, what do the three buttons mounted on your bars for the Lynx computer do?

Since I have the new TrailTech Lynx on my 'X' I'll answer for Joel. It's a remote control switch for it. The Lynx has an on-board enduro computer as well as normal speedo, lap timer, etc. all of which can be controlled from the remote switch. Sweet setup.

Wow nice website, one of the best designed ones ive actually been too to tell the truth. Also very nice bike mods :banghead: How often are you planning on going in the dirt? Or are you going to motard the bike?

What was the software you used? Site looks great. For the latter part of the pages though, where the specs of the bike are listed, you might want to see if the software has a frame controll that would let you enter all your text in a frame and then have a scroll controll to scroll through it as opposed to messing up your page layout and printing text all over the screen. (sorry for being critical, I'm in software QA, its my job to be critical) Other than that, your site looks great. Very well photographed pictures and well written notes.

What was the software you used? Site looks great. For the latter part of the pages though, where the specs of the bike are listed, you might want to see if the software has a frame controll that would let you enter all your text in a frame and then have a scroll controll to scroll through it as opposed to messing up your page layout and printing text all over the screen. (sorry for being critical, I'm in software QA, its my job to be critical) Other than that, your site looks great. Very well photographed pictures and well written notes.

Suggestions are quite welcome! Not sure what you mean by your comments though as this is the first real site I've created. Could you explain what you are referring to about:

a frame controll that would let you enter all your text in a frame and then have a scroll controll to scroll through it as opposed to messing up your page layout and printing text all over the screen.

I may be seeing it formatted differently on my widescreen monitor?

Thanks

Software is Effective Site Studio