Sign in to follow this  

Tm sponsorship

Hi I have been given a sponsorship on a TM 450 for 2006. I dint know anything about these bikes. I am scared of European bikes as they tend to have poor resale value and they are hard to maintain. I would like to hear from anybody that rides one of these or the 530.

What kind of riding will you be doing? I do not have a TM 4T, nor have I had the opportunity to ride one. :banghead: I have spoken with the US and Canada importers about TM 4T models. They are typical TM stable handling and good turning machines. Neither importer has ever sold valves for one, that is a very good sign. The E-start engines need to have the wiring system checked over and protected/ waterproofed to prevent failure. The e-start motor gets it's engine spark from the battery. The en model can be ordered with the kick-start only motor, reducing weight and increasing reliability, but you no longer have the button to start it.

well not scared of the bike only of it's resale valua

I Have GasGas and TM and I have had no trouble with the GasGas but the TM is so new that I can't say to much but I bout it becose of the good rep it has in Iceland (where I live)

Hi TAU,

i know very well the first mechanich that follow Petri Pohiamo in WEC2005 with tm450en and he told me that the 06my runs wery well and is difficoult to broke.

The engine isn' smooth...but in runs very fast.

Do you use for Enduro or MX?

Moreovere, remember that paioli fork in better than ohlins.

TM lost the value in bit time.

Zac

resale will be hard , but i tell you one thing , its a brialliant bike , better and more reliable the a crf 450

if you drive it and do well , more people will want them, as whats happend where i live .

There about the 3rd most popular bike , behind honda and yamaha

they are not the typical italian shite we have had to put up for years and if there is a problem they will short it out for you a lot quicker than any of the japaness companies

just get it and drive it like its stolen

Hi I have been given a sponsorship on a TM 450 for 2006. I dint know anything about these bikes. I am scared of European bikes as they tend to have poor resale value and they are hard to maintain. I would like to hear from anybody that rides one of these or the 530.

you have a ktm which is european :banghead:

Hi TAU,

i know very well the first mechanich that follow Petri Pohiamo in WEC2005 with tm450en and he told me that the 06my runs wery well and is difficoult to broke.

The engine isn' smooth...but in runs very fast.

Do you use for Enduro or MX?

TM lost the value in bit time.

Zac

Zac, you say that the Paioli is better than the Ohlins? That represents a fair savings in north america to purchase the Paoili over the Ohlins. How does the Paioli compare to the 50mm Zokes factory forks (I have them on my '04 Husky 125)?

Also, what do you mean by the engine isn't very smooth? Do you mean vibration or power delivery? I understood the power distribution was smooth as and xr650 or a diesel electric locomotive.

Zac, you say that the Paioli is better than the Ohlins?

You have to keep in mind that the "mass production" Öhlins forks that can be ordered at TM and GasGas for a little extra money are not on the same level as the "factory" Öhlins forks which are very expensive.

Many people (including me) find no big difference between these Öhlins , Marzocchi and Paioli.

Twin

I have a set of Paoilis on my TM that are the best forks I have owned. I will admit the forks were bad stock. I sent the forks to LTRacing.com to have them revalved and when they came back it was incredible the difference. I have friends who have ridden my bike and are a amazed how well the forks perform. I have a buddy who has revalved Ohlins forks on his bike and they are not as good as the Paoilis. Don't be afraid of the Paoilis!

Later

I had the Paoili Blue Steel conventionals on my TM 125, they were the best roots and rocks forks I have ever used.

Most of the current factory TMs are using Paioli forks too....

FYI....Yamaha motor corp (Japan) owns Paioli, Ohlins and Kayaba.....alot of the Ohlin fork internals are actually made in Italy at the Paioli shop............

The Works WSB forks I have on my Bimota SB8RS sps/corse bike are made by Paioli....and these forks are as good or better than Ohlins WSB components.......

FYI....Yamaha motor corp (Japan) owns Paioli, Ohlins and Kayaba.....alot of the Ohlin fork internals are actually made in Italy at the Paioli shop............

Are you sure Yamaha owns Kayaba/Paioli?

Are you sure Yamaha owns Kayaba/Paioli?

I've heard this too. Two years ago I think Kelly smith had some stickers on his Yz250F that said Kayaba/ Paioli on them.

Zac

Ciao Zac (sei lo stesso di soloenduro?)

Stock Ohlins 48 are better than Paioli. I can't say about kitted ones cause it depends on who worked on them.

On the other hand I can't say if it's better to pay slightly more for Ohlins or getting Paioli then use the extra money for a reviewing.

Alessandro.