Which tires best for sand??

I own an '05 'X', and I've been riding several trails in Michigan that are extremely sandy. When I say sand, I mean its really like deep fine powder. I'm over 6' and 235 pounds, and find it very difficult to keep upright sometimes, and always feel uneasy when the bike starts steering where IT wants, not me. I'm gonna tag a tree sooner or later unless I can get more control. I've already changed the fork and shock springs for my weight. Any suggestions on good tires for this type of terrain? Maybe changing the suspension settings? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

I'm also a Michigan rider. Dunlop 773s work well in sand.

yes i am from michigan also...

my friend has a dunlup 773 on his bike and it work really good in the sand

Dunlop 773 and Mich s12 tested in NJ sandbox. S12 will last longer. Both offer great traction in sand.

You may also want to slow the rebound down and go stiffer on comp. Try in 2 click adjustments. You want to be able to carve the sand like a knife through hot butter.

Best in order: paddle, Pirelli sand, Dunlop 773. The Michelin S12 is more of a mud tire that works ok in sand.

I like Michelins but i also never ride in real sand

Doesnt Kenda make a sand model called the Southwick. Im guessing that would be a good choice.

Doesnt Kenda make a sand model called the Southwick. Im guessing that would be a good choice.

Yes.

Thanks to all. I was thinking the Pirelli, but all the positives on the Dunlop 773's changed my mind. Just ordered them from Rocky Mountain, they seem to have the best prices on tires. Thanks again.