Sign in to follow this  

Big Gun EVO R on a CRF450R

I'm am getting the Big Gun EVO R for my 05 CRF450R. I need a little help with jetting. The website says no jetting required, but I want to make sure. All the jetting is stock, only three rides on the bike. I live in Phoenix and the weather is starting to cool off. It's been getting up to the 80's for the high. Any help is appreciated since I don't have a lot of experience with 4-stroke carbs.

unless you were having jetting issues before the pipe,the new pipe wont change that.

you went from a open pipe to another open pipe.

give it a test ride and adress any issues from there.

This is funny, I just posted in another thread about this..... I just got the Big Gun Evo X and have the same bike. When I put it on I didn't have that many more rides on it than you. I have not had to change the jetting at all and it runs like a champ. There is a power difference when you have the quite insert in it, but overall the pipe has treated me well and runs strong. Plus the pipe looks really good on a Honda since the endcap is red :banghead:

This is funny, I just posted in another thread about this..... I just got the Big Gun Evo X and have the same bike. When I put it on I didn't have that many more rides on it than you. I have not had to change the jetting at all and it runs like a champ. There is a power difference when you have the quite insert in it, but overall the pipe has treated me well and runs strong. Plus the pipe looks really good on a Honda since the endcap is red :banghead:

That's pretty interesting! What are the chances? :banghead:

I just rode ACP on Saturday. I usually ride Speedworld and Thrasherland. My number is 128. You can tell me because I'll be one of the slow ones on the track. I drive a Red F-150 Supercrew. If you see me come and say hi.

I run stock jetting with the BigGun. When it geting into the 50F degrees range...i turn the fuel screw out 3/4 to 1 turn.

Thanks for the help! I put it on and went to the track Thursday night. It ran great with no problems. This pipe sure does make a real noticeable difference.