Sign in to follow this  

Anyone flip around a rear Michelin S-12 (S12)?

Anyone flip around a rear Michelin S-12 (S12)? I thought I read something (but can't find it now) that the tire was a uni-directional tire or something and couldn't be turned around like the Starcross MS2 or Starcross MS3? I saw some other posts on another site that people have flipped them without any problems. Seeing if anyone here has flipped them. I got a flat and would like to mount the other way for the remaining 2 months or riding....

it is, and I have, the knobs ripped off pretty easy.....

I flipped it,seems to hold up o.k. I dont ride in alot of rocks , so no chunking here.

Flipping it works fine. It's a soft tire so it won't last long once you turn it around but you'll get an extra couple of rides out of it

Flipping it works fine. It's a soft tire so it won't last long once you turn it around but you'll get an extra couple of rides out of it

The tire is not softer. It is for soft terrain, having a harder compound to dig in better. I have had one my bike since May and it has gone thru 8 hare scrambles and 4 or 5 rides and I still have 3/4 of my tread left. Just flipped it for the last race and it did great, no chunking. They do chunk a little on rocks, but they wear like iron. The only thing I didn't like about flipping it was the lack of, or decrease in braking traction. I am going to flip it back and run it all winter till next race season.