Sign in to follow this  

How many have gone to a 50 tooth sprocket ??

I keep reading about this.... Is it worth doing and how does it change what gear you normally ride in ?? Currently I am in 2nd on most tight corners and 3rd the rest of the time; 4th if it's a wide open course.

Opionions ??

Depends on how and where you ride. Personally I feel the 50 is too low for the bike (I do mx) and really increases engine rpm with the 4 speed. I put on an aftermarket exhaust to pick up the motor a bit and use the stock 49 but am switching to a 48.

hi i tried 44. grate i use that when i ride flats and gravel roads and hill climming. i also tried 46 good for the local trake i find that 49 is to quick threw the gears i like push the power threw the gears. sean good riding.

I run a 50..I think its the way to go for MX....I only race MX so cant really say anything about other uses...The 50 allows me to pull 3rd through corners a lot better....It all depands on youyr riding style and what type of riding you do.....

I also race MX and thought the 50 is better, pulled harder out of corners, it felt like I got better starts with the 49 though, I could keep it in second gear till the first turn when everyone else was shifting into 3rd, plus not as much wheel spin at the start with the 49, but I wont switch back, still get good starts and better pull through the corners.

How did you get around the chain gude when you went to the 50? I have a 50 and not thinking anything about the guide it ate the rubber which is easily replaced but i learn that there is zero adjustment to the guide so what did you do?

i got a 125 and i run a 45, gives me the extra boost to clear most of the jumps in 3rd yet still the power to roost outta cprners in 2nd.

This is a Thumper forum, so why are answering a question about a RMZ450 asking about 50 tooth sprockets with a comment about a your YZ125..

i got a 125 and i run a 45, gives me the extra boost to clear most of the jumps in 3rd yet still the power to roost outta cprners in 2nd.

You lost ???

How did you get around the chain gude when you went to the 50? I have a 50 and not thinking anything about the guide it ate the rubber which is easily replaced but i learn that there is zero adjustment to the guide so what did you do?

anyone?