Price for leftover 04 RMZ250

Guys,

I have to ask the educated about what a leftover 04 RMZ250 is worth? They have it on the floor for $4600, which I know is way too much, but what is it really worth?

I know that two purchases would have to be a Boysen impeller and the 2 piece cover for the oil filter. Anything else?

Thanks.

i saw a brand new left over 04' at a dealership...it was $4000 OTD...i know the radiators are too short on the 04's which caused most of the overheating problems..but people have ran good coolant and a better impeller and had no problems, its a pretty easy fix...also ask them if they changed the CDI cuz on the 04' it was recalled

$4600 seems a bit pricy for a 04'. Especially knowing you will have to do some mods to be reliable. In order to get the 04' reliable you are looking at about $800.00. I would inform the dealer of that and see if they will knock it down?

You can get a good used 05 for that price and won't have to worry about any mods really.

Guys,

I have to ask the educated about what a leftover 04 RMZ250 is worth? They have it on the floor for $4600, which I know is way too much, but what is it really worth?

I know that two purchases would have to be a Boysen impeller and the 2 piece cover for the oil filter. Anything else?

Thanks.

Here in Ohio

Hondaeastoftoledo.com has the 06 for $5300. My buddy bought a 05 RM125 from them a few months back for $4,000 new and I thought it was a scam they were so cheap but it wasnt those guys are super cool and worth the drive to them as they had us out the door fast after financing was approved. They are on cycletrader.com too and are the cheapest usually right below that motorcycle broker place. But if your going to shoot for an 04 find someone who who has a used one thats in pristine shape with very very low hours on it...you will save so much more and odds are they might have already done the mods you need to do from the factory

Thanks! :banghead:

My Dealer had 3 04 KXF250s Left (same bike). I bought one for my son $3869 out the door. (bike was $3500 + Tax). I thought it was a steal

Thats a really good price, none of the dealers around here have any 04 bikes. I think I saw one 05 still in stock at the local shop last week, but that is it for those bikes 06s are in now.

the cdi box would be a recall that would be done if its on the dealership floor...

If you are in Wisconsin, there is a dealer in Elk River, MN that has a brand new 04 on his floor for $3,995. I saw it there a couple of weeks ago.

Ok, I stopped in there today and here is the deal. The CDI was swapped with the recall part. I can get it for $4000, but only if I buy a 2001 CR250(2-stroke) for $1700. No taxes, so OTD for boh $5700. The CR250 is VERY clean and needs nothing, still has stock plastic and nothing worn off. Besides, my only hesitation on going to a 250f is that I moto and hillclimb both competetively. In hillclimb, the 250f doesn't have it's own class yet, so you have to run against 250 2-strokes and/or 450 4-strokes. I will have one for moto and one for hillclimbs and trail riding. The best of all worlds.

I think I am going to do the deal, so if anyone has a used Boysen impeller and separated cover for this bike, let me know.

Thanks for all the help and info.

Wher in WI are you from? I picked up my 04' for $4600 OTD back in June. Make sure the 2 stroke runs well. If it is a consignment ask if you can call the seller and talk to them.

I am near La Crosse, WI (SW corner). I rode the 2-stroke and it runs great. I plan to put a top end in it anyway, just to be safe.

The way I look at it is that I am giving about $4000 and $1700 for each OTD.

It isn't on consignment, they have had it 2 1/2 years. I have been trying to get them down to $1500 for a few months, but now I sold my CRF450, so I thought I could get a better deal buying both.

There is an 04 still at the dealer in Central Florida for $4,000.

Thanks for the info guys, but I passed on this deal. I am picking up an 05 YZ250F today for $4100. It is used, but slightly.

Thanks again.