Sign in to follow this  

leaky forks

i have a 03 wr 250f and my forks are leaking. It does not appear to be coming from the seals. It looks as if it is leaking from the bottom of the fork, right on my brake caliper.

Any suggestions?

Its the seals, just replace them. The oil is leaking slow, it collects on the bottom of the fork, thats all.

Same exact bike, same exact problem. It's my son's and he power-washed it (classic) and busted a seal.

What seal do I need and what is the procedure? What fork oil do you recommend?

Thanks a lot!

i have been talking to some people about this and decided to replace my own seals myself. I think i will go with the kng or some brand like that i don't remember the exact name and some maxis fork oil. I hear that buying the oil adjuster makes life a lot easier

Oh, and sealsavers did the trick after that.(helps keep the dirt out) :banghead: Just remember to clean under them when you wash.(Not with a power washer)

thanks i will try this and ride on my seals until next spring. I did lose a little oil that is why i am going to have to replace them to fill up the forks with oil again.

Synergy seals didnt work for me...i had to take my forks to a shop to get OEM ones installed. I thought i put them in wrong...but the tech said they were in correctly and not damaged...so no idea why both legs leaked profusely during the first ride. (never did get replacements from Synergy...stated that i must have damaged them during install and that wasnt covered...but they would send me another set for approx 1/2 price)

OEM seals seem to be holding up great after 6 months of abuse...just have to keep them clean.

Synergy seals didnt work for me...i had to take my forks to a shop to get OEM ones installed. I thought i put them in wrong...but the tech said they were in correctly and not damaged...so no idea why both legs leaked profusely during the first ride. (never did get replacements from Synergy...stated that i must have damaged them during install and that wasnt covered...but they would send me another set for approx 1/2 price)

OEM seals seem to be holding up great after 6 months of abuse...just have to keep them clean.

Something doesn't sound right. First time I ever heard anything like that. I sure would of liked to be the one that inspected them.

doc

Something doesn't sound right. First time I ever heard anything like that. I sure would of liked to be the one that inspected them.

doc

I agree! Profuse leaks happen only when they are damaged during installation or they are installed upside down. Little leaks only happen if the seal is nicked from a dinged fork tube, or the rider pays no attention to fork maintainence...period.

I have appologized to phreekingeek many times now about his situation and have offered very responsive and supportive help on his situation, and still offer it.

KaBooM

Well, to be honest, i dont know how i ended up with my integrity in question by stating my experience with the product.

I dont pretend to be any type of suspension expert...but i have several shop manuals and lots of friends with many more years of experience who have helped me fix a multitude of bike problems. I fully admited that i might have put the seals in wrong since the new seals were different than the OEM ones and didnt match up with the pics in the shop manual.

I did recieve an offer to sell me replacement seals after i inquired about the warranty. I chose to go with the shop and expert rather than throw more money away.

The only time i recieved an offer to refund (part of my money...not all of it) was after i made my post about my negative experience with Synergy Seals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaBooM

I saw your post on the suspension thread and was wondering if you still have the seals you took out? I am totalling willing to take a look at them. Your case is EXTREMELY rare and I want to make things right for you. So please contact me asap so we can get right with each other. Customer support is what I do!

Sincerely, Rob Browning

209-772-1729

END Quote:

If the seals are not damaged, we will glady refund your money, however we need to inspect them. Please call us!