REKLUSE CLUTCH FOR 2006 450x

The TT store has the clutch available for a 2005 450x, but does not list a 2006 450x. Anyone know if there is any difference? Is there anything else I would need to buy? Does it come with the heavier clutch cover?

Thanks

Dan

Rekluse is 99% sure that the 06 is the same as the 05, but they've not test fitted just yet. So, either give it a while longer or run with it, as most likely you'll be good.

The clutch does not come with a clutch cover, but it does come with a new clutch cover gasket.

Options Parts:

CLUTCH COVER CRF450X

Billet aluminum clutch cover with Rekluse logo, adds oil volume to bikes transmission and clutch. Available in Red and Black.

Perch Adjuster

Perch Adjuster

Rekluse also offers a Perch Adjuster for the z-Start. The Perch Adjuster allows the rider to fine tune the engagement of the clutch at the clutch perch, without making any internal changes. The Perch Adjuster also allows the rider to manually over-ride the z-Start's clutch engagement.

Support TT! I bought mine from TT store. Any questions I had were answered by Brian Himself. Price is very close. So for a few bucks extra support the community that supports us. What is this site worth to you? It has helped me with many of the decisions on what parts to buy and lots of help diagnosing problems that arise from time to time. Now if they could just help my riding...........

• 1 year later...

I installed a z-start with out perch adjuster 2 months ago and I loved it. Initial set up was on .035... after break in it went to .040...still loved it with light spring. During a clean-up I noticed that the spring was rusting(too many creek crossings) so I called Rekluse and ordered a backup. After a talk with the rep he convinced me to tighten up my gap. I did and it was at .032.

After that I could never find the sweet spot with the external adjuster.

So I purchased the perch adjuster because adjusting the spring on the motor was getting old. I tried setting up the cable slack like the instructions stated with half inch between lever and the grip and I had the perch adjuster set with about three threads past the locknut. Too much slipping. Any way I adjusted the clutch with about 1 inch between lever and grip while running. With this setting everything is fine no stalls, racing starts in first or second and no clutch slip that I can hear or feel.....I have said all this to ask am i about to burn the clutch up with this setting?

I installed a z-start with out perch adjuster 2 months ago and I loved it. Initial set up was on .035... after break in it went to .040...still loved it with light spring. During a clean-up I noticed that the spring was rusting(too many creek crossings) so I called Rekluse and ordered a backup. After a talk with the rep he convinced me to tighten up my gap. I did and it was at .032.

After that I could never find the sweet spot with the external adjuster.

So I purchased the perch adjuster because adjusting the spring on the motor was getting old. I tried setting up the cable slack like the instructions stated with half inch between lever and the grip and I had the perch adjuster set with about three threads past the locknut. Too much slipping. Any way I adjusted the clutch with about 1 inch between lever and grip while running. With this setting everything is fine no stalls, racing starts in first or second and no clutch slip that I can hear or feel.....I have said all this to ask am I about to burn the clutch up with this setting?

But all the Rekluse does is provide an auto clutch for tall gears right? And for the most part only when taking off as the bike auto clutches anyway when moving right? And all for a few hundred dollars?

With a 12/53 gears I don't think I can use it although it sounds like it would be cool to say you can take off with an auto clutch, I guess...

But all the Rekluse does is provide an auto clutch for tall gears right? And for the most part only when taking off as the bike auto clutches anyway when moving right? And all for a few hundred dollars?

With a 12/53 gears I don't think I can use it although it sounds like it would be cool to say you can take off with an auto clutch, I guess...

It provides perfect clutching automatically which means faster exits out of corners, less (or no) stalling, allowing for riding in a higher gear, much better hook-up in all conditions...There are a couple of things people have to get used to like no gear lash to keep the bike from rolling back downhill, no bump starting, and more I can't think of off hand.....Everyone I know who has one loves it and the 450R I rode with one convinced me it is something I could use to increase speed and save energy. 12/53 is not an option for desert.

uhhh... big no on that one.

Ride a bike with a Rekluse... and you'll be enlightened. Words (even though Coob attempted) cannot describe what it does for you. You have to experience it.

And ... for a few hundred dollars... you'd think it does "something", or nobody would own one. :D

I'm old school and in my mind a Rekluse on a big bore thumper seems not necessary. I'm also pretty good at clutch work when I'm fresh on the bike but I SUCK when I'm fatigued. The Rekluse will be another mod to help me ride safer, longer, smarter, faster, and slower!! I'm putting one on as soon as I can get the money from my wife to do it!!

I love mine. I have the z-start with the adjuster. i eventually got the clutch cover because i over-tightened the bolts and cracked the spacer that rekluse supplies for the stock cover. When it is all said and done I maybe should have waited and went with the pro. they now make the pro for the 06 450x.

The bike is great in the slow stuff. i have never had issues with the "free-wheeling" down hills, once engaged it stays there, unless you stop your rear tire and are down to idle. it is nice also if the going gets really rough and you have to push your bike up a hill or over an obstacle. Great mod, its like having a trials bike crossed with a race bike, the slow nasty trails are easy now, but you still have the ability to go super fast. god i love my crf