No 2 smokes with lights....

After Husky came out with new new Street Legal off roader for 2006...

for us older guys, remember when an 'Enduro" bike was what is now know as a Dual Sport....

Well KTM has taken off the lights for all 2 strokes for 2006... If you want lights from the KTM factory, got to be a 4 stroke...

that sucks-was keeping an eye out for a 300exc.-always baja designs kit.

always baja designs kit.

Nope will not work. If they took off all the lights, then you would need more than a Baja Designs Kit. You will need to get an e-line coil and a light kit. Then again, does Baja make a coil? I don't think so, but I am not 100% sure. Anyway, it would be real hard to put lights strait up.

CER

As I recall...Iowa will not allow a 2 stroke on the street that is over 100cc...after the grandfather date...which I think was in the 80s.

I would imagine most states have a similiar law.

It would depend on if KTM changed out the stator also, may have left the stator the same but did not install lights from the factory.

My understanding is you just buy the light kit with the bike and the dealer installs it. I assume the light coils are still there but do not know for sure. KTM has not sold a street legal 2 stroke in the US since 1977. Although, as many know, in some states you just run the paper work thru and you get a plate. It is not federal DOT legal but who cares if it gets a plate.

I know of at least 3 two stroke plated bikes in oregon and have seen more than a couple in arizona. Of course these are two easy states to get plates in.

Everybody I ride with has a plate on his KTM in WA. Very odd because WA will not allow a plate on a dirt bike going thru the conversion process which is perfectly legal in accordance with state RCW's. But buy a new KTM and you just run the paperwork thru the DMV and no problem. It is all how the Manufacturers Certificate of Origin is worded

In CA its all about the emission sticker, and I have heard that the KTM has the right emission sticker. I have never actually looked though.

My understanding is you just buy the light kit with the bike and the dealer installs it. I assume the light coils are still there but do not know for sure. KTM has not sold a street legal 2 stroke in the US since 1977. Although, as many know, in some states you just run the paper work thru and you get a plate. It is not federal DOT legal but who cares if it gets a plate.

yeah I was told they still have the wiring and just need the light put on. Apparently a new federal law of some type for importing them in?

Yep, I sure do, had one, a 1973 Yamaha DT-360. A lot of fun it was. :banghead:

Kaw. is still selling the KDX . (smoker with lights)

I know of at least 3 two stroke plated bikes in oregon and have seen more than a couple in arizona. Of course these are two easy states to get plates in.

Oregon is easy for the time being. Our Gov wants to join hands with CA and WA in adopting their smog testing. You can bet if that happens, roll your own dual sports will be a thing of the past in our state. :banghead: