Sign in to follow this  

600 mi. service question...

I am getting ready for my 1st service and have a few questions. I want to get a pipe, do the 3x3 mod, and re-jet.

First off, where is the best place to order a yosh RS3, i believe is the model?

Second, do I need to cut the 3x3 on the airbox before I take it in or will Suzuki do it?

Third, what jets should I have them put in after the pipe and 3x3 are done?

Thanks........JD

Best spot to buy... TT store :banghead:

As far as suzuki doing the mods. Might as well get your hands dirty... nothing to fear

Everyone will keep you in line. :banghead:

You have the same bike as me and the FMF jet kit (TT Store as well) is what you want. You might want to pick up and extended fuel screw too and a 25 pilot jet (although stock one works for me)

No point letting suzuki have all the fun with your bike!

Welcome. Get yourself a service manual and save some cash on dealer labor.

I consider myself a fairly noob wrencher, but with the manual and the great

help from the guys on TT Ive never had the bike to the dealer in 31,000 miles.

This place will never leave you hanging if you get stuck. Go for it.

Well I am actually pretty handy when it comes to that stuff, unfortunately I just don't have time these days. I just want to get the parts and take them with me when I drop it off for my 600 mile checkup and say, "here, put this stuff on for me" and pick it up when it is ready.

I actually miss wrenching and stuff and getting dirty, but with my job and being a single Dad these days, I just can't find the time.

I hear ya, time can often be worth more then money.

Sometimes dealers will match pricing, or give

you labor/install discounts if you buy from them.

On the other hand, sometimes they often don't know

what you are talking about and don't seem to give a shit.

Hopefully you live near a decent dealer or 2.

Well I am actually pretty handy when it comes to that stuff, unfortunately I just don't have time these days. I just want to get the parts and take them with me when I drop it off for my 600 mile checkup and say, "here, put this stuff on for me" and pick it up when it is ready.

I actually miss wrenching and stuff and getting dirty, but with my job and being a single Dad these days, I just can't find the time.

well just f.y.i.

if you do decide to have at her, it took me - a complete noob- only about 4 hours to complete strip the carb out, rejet, put it back together with a lot of messin about. Some of these guys can do it in 45min. I thought about bringing all my TT stuff to my dealer but there is just to much satisfaction on a job well done.

So if I buy the pipe from the TT store, which model do I get? It doesnt show any models for an 05-06 DRZ-450SM.

Thanks.....

well prob because there isn't such a thing as a 450sm. Other than that the model is new enough that manufactuers have not updated for the new DRZ. I'm pretty sure a pipe for the s will fit. You can confirm with the rest of the gang

Doh, my bad. I meant to say the 400SM but they only have listings for E/S up to 03. Will those work and bolt right on?

yes 01-06 S will... E model takes some tinkering.... Dealer will not want to do that

OK, got everything in my cart but the pilot jet. Which one should I get and where is it listed under? Too bad they don't have an RS3 Titanium listed for the S model.

Best spot to buy... TT store :banghead:

As far as suzuki doing the mods. Might as well get your hands dirty... nothing to fear

Everyone will keep you in line. :banghead:

You have the same bike as me and the FMF jet kit (TT Store as well) is what you want. You might want to pick up and extended fuel screw too and a 25 pilot jet (although stock one works for me)

No point letting suzuki have all the fun with your bike!

the 25 pilot jet is elusive to me still. Let me know if you find one. Sgota be on TT i imagine. I'm running the stock pj and it is doing alright.

oh my god :lol: ,i can't believe it :banghead: ,single dad :lol: ,i thought i was the only drz single dad :lol: .i have 3 that live with me 2 girls and a boy.the drz is therapy.i'm like you no time but i got to tell you that you need to do this yourself.don't let the dealer do it .i did and was not satisfied with the work they did.when i got it back it didn't come off idle right and i noticed shabby work as well stuff i had to fix.making it run like a top after all the mods was like therapy to me.TT really helped a hole lot.matter of fact i probally would not of got it to rip like it does now in such short time.i thank all TT members that helped me.05drz400sm,3x3mod,dj kit,full yosh rs3 ex,it :banghead: rips.soon to rip better with a fcr carb :busted: