Sign in to follow this  

FCR Compatability Questions

I have a few questions to pose to the experts regarding FCR carbs. I have an opportunity to purchase a 39mm FCR originally from a 2001 yzf426. It has a TPS and choke. My questions are as follows:

Will the TPS plug directly into the TPS on my '04 S?

What jetting should i use with a full Yoshimura exhaust(0-4000' elevation)?

I am currently running the 3x3, opened stock exhaust with the DJ stage 1 and Burned's jetting recomendations. The Yosh exhaust is in the cards very soon.

Are we talking 10% HP increase? Sorry for all the questions, just want to do it right the first time.

Will the TPS plug directly into the TPS on my '04 S? - YES

What jetting should i use with a full Yoshimura exhaust(0-4000' elevation)? - I know what I use and I love my setup but I will leave this one for Burned.

Are we talking 10% HP increase? - YES +

Thanks Nate. I assume it does me no real good to install the FCR until i have the exhaust? More air in needs more air out type of thing? :banghead:

Not true I would get the FCR first over exhaust any day.

An E model makes 40+ peak HP stock once its been rejetted thanks to the FCR. Even with stock exhaust the FCR will make it wail.

Thanks Nate. I assume it does me no real good to install the FCR until i have the exhaust? More air in needs more air out type of thing? :banghead:

I just installed an FCR with 3x3 mod in my otherwise stock S ..... This carb ROCKS even with the stock exhaust . I still need to get the jetting straightened out a little but this is a huge improvement.

I disagree with those who think the FCR mod is worth what it costs to do. Here is my reason: my bro has an S and I have an E model. We both have our carbs dialied in and when we race we are neck and neck. When we swap bikes we are neck and neck. I think if you set up the S carb right, its pretty damn close to the E carb especially given the cost difference. Now, his bike was like a whole different bike before getting the jetting right and opening up his airbox for just a few bucks. That is the first thing to do and then ride one with the other carb before you drop hundreds of dollars for a marginal improvement IMO. I know lots of others disagree, but I wonder if they have the chance to switch bikes with someone and race them with the carb being the only difference. Also, at altitude his bike runs a bit better due to how the carb operates so one could argue that its better for some people who don't like to mess with the jetting so much. Anyway, ride one if you can unless you have lots of $$ and just want to make the switch.

I would spend the money on Suspension valving or a steering stabilizer in a heartbeat but that is just me and everyone has their own opinion.

Crashing..... still wrong. :banghead:

Like I said before in that other post something is wrong with this picture you paint. Very very wrong.

I disagree with those who think the FCR mod is worth what it costs to do. Here is my reason: my bro has an S and I have an E model. We both have our carbs dialied in and when we race we are neck and neck. When we swap bikes we are neck and neck. I think if you set up the S carb right, its pretty damn close to the E carb especially given the cost difference. Now, his bike was like a whole different bike before getting the jetting right and opening up his airbox for just a few bucks. That is the first thing to do and then ride one with the other carb before you drop hundreds of dollars for a marginal improvement IMO. I know lots of others disagree, but I wonder if they have the chance to switch bikes with someone and race them with the carb being the only difference. Also, at altitude his bike runs a bit better due to how the carb operates so one could argue that its better for some people who don't like to mess with the jetting so much. Anyway, ride one if you can unless you have lots of $$ and just want to make the switch.

e parts go on fri,already got the fcrmx(it will go in there) i can't wait.if you could not beat the s with the e somethings not right?you should pull the s easy.you have 40 plus hp,the s has 33 hp and its 35 lbs more. :banghead: dosen't the e model have taller gearing?mabey your bro has nitris or your stuck in 4th :lol:

i think natethegreat is right (something is very very wrong with this picture)

this will make an s or sm faster :banghead:http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/2655/img00045as.jpg

There is no replacment for displacment. With that being said I find it amazing the trouble people go thru to get a few extra HP out of their engines. Not to mention the boat load of money spent in the process. I guess for some it is a hobby for others it is a challenge. And for some, they are just plain happy with the way the bike performs from the factory. And then there are those, that are caught up in the frenzy of MOD fever. I just can't stop thinking about that FCR and the Cams and the full exhaust and......... :banghead::lol::banghead: