Sign in to follow this  

Questions about blue plastic kits

If I were to buy a set of blue plastics I'd want the side panels to be blue as well. White plastics really suck in the clay I sometimes ride in, it gets ground into any little scratch on the plastic and basically stains it.

I'd want white as a first choice and black as a second.

Does this mean there may be blue available soon?

Murphy's law would say so since I just replaced nearly everything blue already. Currently have two shrouds on order from AZM. Almost have an order going with OEM TT for a front fender. Damn the timing!

I'm not sure what I'd like. Too much blue may make it look too drab, but my current white ones have some darker areas where it rubs. I wonder what black accent would look like. I think I may have to take a picture and colorize it to see.

Blue or white ?

Given the choice I personaly would like blue.

But I would think more people would go with white.

Neil. :banghead::banghead::lol:

PS does anybody know if it is possible to dye the plastic ???

I'd want white as a first choice and black as a second.

Does this mean there may be blue available soon?

Murphy's law would say so since I just replaced nearly everything blue already. Currently have two shrouds on order from AZM. Almost have an order going with OEM TT for a front fender. Damn the timing!

The possibility of getting blue aftermarket plastic is not dead... I've been silently working on it and I now have a source. However, no guarantees at this point. I'll be sharing more as things progress. Side panel color was a key question.

• Like 1

The possibility of getting blue aftermarket plastic is not dead... I've been silently working on it and I now have a source. However, no guarantees at this point. I'll be sharing more as things progress. Side panel color was a key question.

Thanks Bryan. I'll put through the OEM TT order. Please keep us updated, because I would probably get another set as a show/street set.

I definitely prefer all blue. All blue would be very clean and minimal. A new look that would not previously have been possible. Since white side-panels are already available from 3rd party (Acerbis, etc)... those that want those could still get them.

Syched by the possibility of ALL blue!

Forget the Blue! I called Maier today and ordered their Carbon Fiber (it's really plastic - just looks like CF) front fender today. The lady I talked to told me they're working on a CF/plastic kit for the entire DRZ400!!!!! How cool will that be! She said they hoped to have it available this Spring. I'll buy it as soon as it's available.

The white is nice I'm happy with that. Blue might be cool though didn't consider it cause it wasn't an option......

blue. i photoshopped it and it looked niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Let's see it!! :banghead::banghead:

not a very good picture, i didn't put much time into it. but you get the point. oh and it's a very old pic, from when i first got the bike.29123491074.jpg