Revalve---what Is It/will It Help Me???

i have a '05 cfr450r, and mostly ride mx. i am a beginner. what exactly is a revalve and will it benefit me to do it?

It will significantly lighten your pocketbook.

As a beginning rider, the most important thing you can do is get the correct springs in there for your weight.

It will significantly lighten your pocketbook.

As a beginning rider, the most important thing you can do is get the correct springs in there for your weight.

totally agree - get used to the stock suspension with the correct rate springs for your weight - also service the fork and shock - the oil does go south due to use......fresh oil at the correct height will be better for you.

When you get better and faster - more confident, then consider it

i have a '05 cfr450r, and mostly ride mx. i am a beginner. what exactly is a revalve and will it benefit me to do it?

If you do not know.....then probably not.

At the level you are riding right now, if your springs are right for your weight/skill, and you still have adjustments left (clicks) for both rebound and compression you are fine.

If you are all the way in on either (typically the rebound goes first) then you have broken down the oil and valving and would need a revalve.

Exception to this would be if you have a really hrse front end that you are not able to adjust out with clicks and a simple oil change, then valve the front end.

You'll get much better bang for your buck from a riding lesson or two. I'm sure there's a pro in your area who does them.

Well Said..... :banghead:

John