170lbs...Stock susp. settings ok?

I was wondering if anyone around the same weight as me tweaked the suspension, im about 5'11'' and 165-170lbs. The bike is an 05 crf250, I havent touched the suspension.

Thanks

John

I was wondering if anyone around the same weight as me tweaked the suspension, im about 5'11'' and 165-170lbs. The bike is an 05 crf250, I havent touched the suspension.

Thanks

John

First check your stock free sag on the shock. Some CRF250X's are being sold with 2" and greater free sag. Mine was 2" and didn't handle worth a damn.

I have a little inside scoop; The CRF250X is a tall bike and allegedly half way through production someone at HONDA decided to lower the seat height in order to have the CRF250X appeal to a larger range of potential buyers.

Whatever the reason 2" free sag is too much. Work with your shock spring to get the 4" race sag 1" free sag. Besides that, everyone seems happy with the stock setup or just going a few clicks either way on the compression.

I weigh the same as you. I had the forks re-valved but that didn't make a huge difference. The stock forks are great. Just keep the shock and fork oil fresh with some good 5W stuff.