Just installed boysen quick shot now bike runs like poo

ive had this boysen quick shot laying around for months and since im getting my wheels anodized and cant ride so i thought ide just install it since latley people have been saying its so great...

first off my bike has never had a bogging problem ever..ok so i installed it exactly the way the directions showed so i know i didnt screw anything up...i started the bike and it fired right up but it idled super high, but since it was cold and the choke was on i expected it to idle a lil high.....i turned the choke off turned the idle screw down a lil and it seemed fine but stalled...ok so i turned it up a tad now and too high... after a few trys its good to go and i rev it up and the thing stays reved to the max and it goes down after about 5 seconds..and keeps doing it ..i give up..are u supposed to re-jet it sometimes with this? my jetting and everything was dialed in befor i installed, now the thing wont run right...a lil help please

you will have to mess with your air screw. mine did the same thing.

Something is messed up, should not do anything like that. The quickshot should not have had an effect like that. Sounds like what my RM125 did one time, the idle was messed up. Try turning the idle down all the way and adjust it from there. Also make sure nothing inside the carb is catching or being held open. Next I would say read the instructions that came with the quickshot, it has some special tool and advice to turn the pump or something. I never read that because I had no problems.

never heard of that happening. thats really the first bad thing that ive heard of. your throttle cables might be bound up on something, because i did some stuff to my carb yesterday and it acted like that, but i just rode and it eventually went away

i dont think it has anything to do with the quick shot, i think when you turned the carb, you bound up some cable making it do this, check the hot start and throttle.

no cables are bound at all...i just took it all apart and checked...adjusted the idle agian til it was perfect..the slightest movement on the throttle will make it rev out and than it goes down back to normal a few seconds later..kinda weird..i was able to switch out the quick shot without taking the carb completly out since my bike is torn apart right now so i know everything is the same as it was befor i put the quick shot on...anymore input?

Got to be something mess up in the carb. go through it and check everything, I can't see how the quickshot would cause that problem inless something else was messed up. Try posting in the Jetting section maybe they can help you out a little better.

owell thanks for the help....i did a search on TT and was reading alot about what people had to say...from what i read most of the people had the same problem and most of them said it made the carb all screwed up and no matter what they did it just wouldnt work out....owell thank god for the 100% money back guarantee

take it off.

you do not need it as the bike did not have a bog issue or any off idle response problems

Give it to a CRF owner. :banghead:

no cables are bound at all...i just took it all apart and checked...adjusted the idle agian til it was perfect..the slightest movement on the throttle will make it rev out and than it goes down back to normal a few seconds later..kinda weird..i was able to switch out the quick shot without taking the carb completly out since my bike is torn apart right now so i know everything is the same as it was befor i put the quick shot on...anymore input?

That is showing classic signs of a lean pilot circuit. It may not be the actual problem but it sure looks like it even though I can't see how it possible could be.

For experimental sakes try turining in the fuel screw and see it it clears up. If it get better but still not great then a small pilot screw and more fuel adjustments are needed. :banghead:

Joe