Sign in to follow this  

aloud to run 144's!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just got an email from rick peterson, (rpmsbigbore.com) he said that you now can legally run 144's, has anyone else heard this, well its for sure that im goin back to 2 smokes.

what? &%$#@! are you talking about? engine size for the 125 class? learn to make a post.

Yup, He's right.

The AMA is going to allow 2 stroke 125's to be kitted out to 144cc's except at Lorreta Lynn's.

I got my e-mail from Rick last week!

This is going to be interesting!

i hope KTM makes a bolt on cylinder and piston

cuz im decidin between the yami and the KTM

and if KTM does that ill go for the sx

Was "allowed" the word you were looking for. There's this fancy little button at the bottom of every post-window that says Spell Check, push it once-in-a-while, it will not hurt. I promise. I suppose it wouldn't have helped though, yours is a grammatical error. I guess our schools are going to hell. Too bad, my wife is a teacher.

For some reason they're not allowing them in the "Lites" snicker class, but only amateur races from what I'm heard. Heck, why bother if they're not going to do it across the board. It should be closer to 160 anyway to make it fair. Typical AMA, they should concentrate on flat track. yawn

Craigus Maximus

i just got an email from rick peterson, (rpmsbigbore.com) he said that you now can legally run 144's, has anyone else heard this, well its for sure that im goin back to 2 smokes.

yeah dude i got the same e-mail, i race 450's though

Was "allowed" the word you were looking for. There's this fancy little button at the bottom of every post-window that says Spell Check, push it once-in-a-while, it will not hurt. I promise. I suppose it wouldn't have helped though, yours is a grammatical error. I guess our schools are going to hell. Too bad, my wife is a teacher.

Perhaps your wife could give you a refresher course in the use of italics (as opposed to quotation marks) and apostrophes. :banghead:

As for the original post, allowing overbored 2 strokes is a good idea. Two years ago they were allowed here then, suddenly, displacement was limited to stock. I still have a CR 250 that was bored 2 mm over. Any word regarding whether or not the 250 2 strokes will be allowed to run a 265 cc bore?

i head that the 250 is going to 284, there was another post i saw b4 and thats what they said

I had heard that this was somethinbg that was voted on at the recent AMA convention, but their website gave no details.

Maybe I should buy a new 125 for my sons and put it away for trail riding in a couple years. A 144 would be a total rocket for a young kid.

Maybe I should buy a new 125 for my sons and put it away for trail riding in a couple years. A 144 would be a total rocket for a young kid.

200SX :banghead:

200SX :banghead:

Someone just sold one I may have wanted. :banghead:

I'm not sure what to do yet. My oldest is only 8. I can't have the wife thinking I bought another bike for myself now can I? :lol:

I was thinking either an 85cc or 125cc. Either way I'm sure I'll, I mean they'll love riding it.

Wait two years and we will see 144s right off the floor

haha too wierd! me and my friend thought the exact same thing yesterday. if they make those, do you think they will be as fast as the bored(sp) ones?

I have a RM134 for my son by WMR out of Florida. www.wmr1.com

The things is an Absolute rocketship! Retains all of the positives of a 125 with that extra bit of umpff which allows you to run with the 250f's .

Dynamite little weapon.

Someone just sold one I may have wanted. :banghead:

I'm not sure what to do yet. My oldest is only 8. I can't have the wife thinking I bought another bike for myself now can I? :lol:

I was thinking either an 85cc or 125cc. Either way I'm sure I'll, I mean they'll love riding it.

splain to the Mrs. you have to thoroughly test each new bike for safety.... :banghead:

OMG!!!!!111!!!1shift+1!11!!! Like you can run a 144, oh my gosh, like this is so new information.

And you will still get owned my a 250F on starts with your little 144 2 stroke.

Just face it, the 125 is going to become extinct. And if you don't want to face it, go ride a 125 and then a 250F back to back. You will not want to ride the 125 anymore.