should i take lessons with my gf?

My gf really wants to learn how to ride. She wants me to just explain things to her, but I think I come off to strong. Should we take classes together?

dude i would go for it, i want my girl to ride so bad. she dosent even have a bike yet!!! <wants my crf450> <cause its nice looking> but i cant blame her it is buetiful........anyway, i would go for the lessons, if you have the money its good for both of you. she can get mad at him, you can show off to the noobs, and then you can talk about it with family. like "oh yeah, we took lessons over the summer" "wasent that so much fun honey bunny" or whatever the hell you call eachother.

definatly take lessons.. i'm in the process of teaching my girl, and its been nothing but headache's.. somthin else to really think about before buying a bike.. if you can get her on a bike/semi comfortable riding and make sure she really is into it after she rides a few times.. my girls yz80 just sits in my shop now along w/her $600 in pink fox gear thats been worn once

If you can afford it I would opt for lessons. This would probably allow for her to feel more comfortable learing how to ride with other females, and others that are just learning (which could also work as a confident booster when she sees that shes not really that bad). Along with learning at her own pace without being concerned with slowing you down.

However if lesson's are not an option my advice to you would be to encourage her, however allow her to learn by herself, and only lend advice when asked (something I wished my fiancee did when I was learning).

Best of luck to you both, and wish her luck for me!

My wife is the same, gets mad, says I AM PUSHING HER... hmmm ok, lessons are $$$ whats your gf worth to ya? lol.. no wait...Whats riding worth to ya! :banghead:

My wife is the same way. I made the mistake of trying to teach her how to ski back when we were dating... :banghead:

When I bought her a bike; I took her out to an empty riding area where there was nothing she could run into, showed her the basics, and then left her alone to figure it out for herself. I just went back to check on her every now and then and to bring her a cold bottle of water. I never offered her ANY tips unless she asked. I just let her do things the way she wanted to and at her own pace.