2004 XR400R supertrapp

I just put on an IDS2Quiet with 12 disks on my 2004 California model re-jet to a 156 main and a stock idle jet snorkel removed and a twinair the problem is when in first gear off of idle or bogging the engine It takes me over the bars it just loses power

Have the same Supertrapp exhaust running 8 discs with stock jetting and a K&n air filter, thing runs like a scalded ape !!! what color are the disc after usage they are supposed to turn a golden/tan color if mixture is right, If not contact bruce at supertrapp he seems o be real helpful just my .02 :banghead:

I'd try removing 1 or 2 disks. I think I only have 8 or so in mine too, but it has TONS of low end & midrange power :banghead:

Don't think there's any such thing as a 156 Kehien main. It's either a 155 or 158. I'm guessing you're at/near sea level? Did you readjust the fuel screw?

I did not think they made a 156 jet but right on the jet it says 156 the shop told me that they do not make a 155 any more I made no fuel screw adjustments is 12 disks too much

do they make punctuation keys anymore? man your posts are hard to read.

try pulling discs out. it's the most obvious move and takes almost no time. if you pull out three or four and the condition improves, you'll know you're on the right track. it there is no improvement, you'll have to change your jetting. i had a supertrapp on the '96 DR 350 and it was top notch. call them, as was suggested by Border Bandit.

I disagree with your shop.

http://www.sudco.com/keihin_mj.html#357

Why did you not change the pilot jet too after installing the Supertrap? What is stock on it, a 52? Are you at sea level?

I'm betting the new pipe doesn't just effect your top end, but the bottom end as well, the entire range even. Even without changing the pilot jet you most likely need to readjust the fuel screw. That will tell you if your pilot jet needs changed, that is if you understand the procedure.

I did not think they made a 156 jet but right on the jet it says 156 the shop told me that they do not make a 155 any more I made no fuel screw adjustments is 12 disks too much