Sign in to follow this  

Difference between '05 seat and earlier seats...

Okay, I've really got the hots for one of the SDG Step seats. However, SDG only offers the step seat on an '05 base and I own an '03 CRF.

Anyone know if I can fit the '05 seat base to the '03 CRF?

-Tom

Okay, I've really got the hots for one of the SDG Step seats. However, SDG only offers the step seat on an '05 base and I own an '03 CRF.

Anyone know if I can fit the '05 seat base to the '03 CRF?

-Tom

Different subframes so I doubt very much that it will fit.

Have you tried finding companies that make the stepped foam so that you can do it yourself using you existing '03 base?

The 03 and the 05 have the same seat so you should be able do IT your self. However there are companies out there that will modify your seat to the step seat for you. Good luck

Nope, they are different. The mounts holes wont line up. Its easy to do the step seat yourself. I used an electric carving knife and the sanded it with a cheese grater. It came out great. In the pic you can see a little wrinkle in the cover but it has since been removed.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/aleman25/987b25ea.jpg

'02-'04 seats are COMPLETELY different from '05 on up! :banghead:

You are exactly right. My bro has an 03 450, my 05 SDG seat will not even start to go on there, let alone bolt up. I have the 05 OEM seat and it is the same, the SDG is just a bit stiffer so you can really tell its not gonna fit.

Some other food for thought, the 2 stroke Honda chassis is the same as the 02-04 450 chassis,, yep. But the seats do not inter change. They will go on, but not bolt up. The area where the seat bends up the tank is shaped different. They have different tanks and rad shrouds.