Which handguards work with stock levers?

I have read here that with some handguards you need to cut the little balls of the stock levers. Could someone please post which handguards fit with the stock levers intact.

I am looking for something of nice quality and they don't have to be super strong but it would be nice if it would offer some protection if the bike were to hit the ground.

Try the Cycra handguards. I have used many and so far these are the easiest to install and offer great protection. I got my Probend setup off E-bay for $75 shipped. Great guards.

what he said. cycra pro bends for sure. triple clamp mount is bullet proof. expensive, but to me they were well worth the money.

k.

EMGOs clear the levers just fine, are reasonably priced, and as you can see by looking at mine, they can take a beating.

I recently crashed hard and they didn't move at all, despite the crash being violent enough to bend my MSR alloy bars back three inches. I had to replace the bars.

emgoclamps03.jpg

Moose racing work for me on pro-tapers.

I have the Tusk handguards from Rocky Mountain ATV. They work and fit well and retail for $ 49.99

I've got Moose Guards on mine and like them a lot. :banghead::banghead:

They fit, install and look great!

Here's a pic from my garage

I say cut the balls off the ends of your levers and never worry about them again regardless of whatever hand-guards you use. Had my clutch lever stick repeatedly on a ride once and it's always at the worst possible time. . .

Not a problem anymore!

Cool! I just ordered that exact set up(black,black) from TT 3 days ago! Thanks fror the picture! :lol:

:lol:

I've used Tusk bar mounts and Cycra triple clamp mounts. the cycras certainly have more room, fit better, and are stronger. the tusks aren't bad and they get the job done well for a decent price, but the cycras are a big step up. in my case I use them alot so they need to be strong, I have a bit of a tendency to throw my bike on the ground or on rocks and trees at random intervals while riding.

Thanks for all the great ideas. The pictures are great!

Tusk D-flex. No clearance issues at all.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=8127

I run Fredette Handsavers, they even have a spacer with them to give a little added clearance on the brake reservoir side.

Al E

I use the Acerbis rally pros. Great fit with stock levers and look good too.

They look really good. :lol: How do they attach to the bar? Kind of hard to see from the pic. Do they clamp around the bar or use a tripple clamp?

Acerbis Rally 2 Hand gaurds work very well and look great! :banghead:

The Cycra pro-bend triple clamp mounted setup with stealth MX plastic on a CR-high Protaper all fits like a glove.

The Cycra pro-bend triple clamp mounted setup with stealth MX plastic on a CR-high Protaper all fits like a glove.

Which size bolts do you need to get to mount the side tripple clamps up? The stock ones don't fit :banghead:

They look really good. :banghead: How do they attach to the bar? Kind of hard to see from the pic. Do they clamp around the bar or use a tripple clamp?

No triple clamp. They attach right to the bar. You can see the black attachment points near the end of the bar pads.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=9030