Tall guy setup and gearing

Lowered pegs are great. Fastway and IMS make lowered pegs. I believe with the IMS pegs you need to use their lowered peg mounts. The Fastway pegs are adjustable and you use the stock peg mounts.

A tall seat is nice. SDG makes a complete seat, CEET and Factory Effex have taller foam & covers.

BRP makes different types of bar mounts.

I have an '05 450R and just bought a 50 tooth Ironman sprocket. Haven't installed it on the bike yet, but I wanted lower gearing for tighter tracks and trails. 13/48 can be a bit tall at times, depending on where and what type of riding you do.

At 6'-2" I wouldn't do anything but put your stock bar mounts in the forward position and rotate the bars forward a little. I'm 6'-5" and run a 1/2" taller seat and bar and that's it.

Lowboy pegs scare me. Long legs, big feet and ruts are not a good combo. I got a knee reconstruction last month and I can tell you that you never want to go through that if you can avoid it

I like a 49 tooth rear sprocket for MX.

I'm 6'2" on a crf250...Fastway lowboy pegs, sdg tall seat, stock bar clamps in forward position, and ditch those stock bars for something like the CR Highs. I rotate my bars forward too which opens everything up some more. The tall seat helps the tall lanky mofo's alot for the transition between sitting/standing :banghead:

I just got done doing this to an '06 CRF450R. I went with the Moose Pegs that move your feet back .5" instead of the Lowboys that move them down .5". Don't want to get my feet any lower :banghead:

I also went with the Moose (SDG) tall seat for an 05' CRF, it fit perfectly.

I am using the ProTaper CR High Bars rolled forward, and the super tall bar mounts from www.Thumper-Racing.com. You have to call them to order these as they are not on the site. I'm 6'4" by the way, and with these mods I am :banghead: