Praise for the Baja Designs 1" extended shifter

Just had a chance on Tuesday to work the bike a bit and try out some of my new mods (BigDR Risers, new bars, gripper seat). Of all the mods, next to the Big DR Risers, the one mod that I am thrilled to have done was to replace the stock shifter with the 1" extended shifter from Baja Designs .

It worked great. I'm 6'2" with a size 12 boot and was have serious problems getting from 1st to 2nd, with it continually missing the gear. After playing around, I figured out it was nothing more than the stock shifter.

After picking up good press about the Baja Designs shifter from TT'rs, I put ti on and problem solved! :banghead:??:banghead::busted:?

It's well made too. Highly recommend it for the tall guys (after you buy the BigDR Risers).

• 1 month later...
Just had a chance on Tuesday to work the bike a bit and try out some of my new mods (BigDR Risers, new bars, gripper seat). Of all the mods, next to the Big DR Risers, the one mod that I am thrilled to have done was to replace the stock shifter with the 1" extended shifter from Baja Designs .

It worked great. I'm 6'2" with a size 12 boot and was have serious problems getting from 1st to 2nd, with it continually missing the gear. After playing around, I figured out it was nothing more than the stock shifter.

After picking up good press about the Baja Designs shifter from TT'rs, I put ti on and problem solved! :applause:?:ride:???

It's well made too. Highly recommend it for the tall guys (after you buy the BigDR Risers).

Just installed mine and went for a ride. What a difference it makes! ???

After picking up good press about the Baja Designs shifter from TT'rs, I put ti on and problem solved! :applause:?:ride:???

I'll jump on this bandwagon... I'm 6' 1" with size 13's and just went riding yesterday. I'm WAY more comfortable with the DR risers and the ext. shifter. Thanks for the input fellas.

Stickley - you missed a GREAT ride yesterday up at cow mountain... I hate to say it but the conditions were PERFECT... We'll catch you on the next one. ??

I'll jump on this bandwagon... I'm 6' 1" with size 13's and just went riding yesterday. I'm WAY more comfortable with the DR risers and the ext. shifter. Thanks for the input fellas.

Stickley - you missed a GREAT ride yesterday up at cow mountain... I hate to say it but the conditions were PERFECT... We'll catch you on the next one. :applause::ride:

Do you have to rub it in! ?

Haven't read it yet, but I think you're trying for one last pre-Xmas ride. Unfortunately i'm in the retail biz and this is my wild time at the office. Not sure I can make this next one either, but after 12/25, I'm free! ?

Do you have to rub it in! ?

Haven't read it yet, but I think you're trying for one last pre-Xmas ride. Unfortunately i'm in the retail biz and this is my wild time at the office. Not sure I can make this next one either, but after 12/25, I'm free! :ride:

NO sweat. I'll keep you in the loop on all future rides. We might even try and make it easier and go to Carnegie... but only during the week. I've seen it on weekends and it's scary ?

Talk to ya later. :applause: