Sign in to follow this  

First Ride Review

Just got back from ADV MX PARK about 10 mins ago. The track is more along the lines of a supercross track. Nice sand and decent size jumps. Alright, now about the bike. Remeber this is comming from a mid pack B rider.

My previous bike was a 05 kx250f and 05 kx 250

First off is seat height, it seems to sit alittle on the high side, but remeber that the suspension wasnt broken in. After the warm up lap I let her have it. Screw break in, its all a gimic to get the rider accustomed to the bike. First thing I noticed was how smooth the power was. I have riden the yamahas and crfs before and this seemed to be way smoother. I had to tweek with the suspension to get it to corner to my liking, stock was to stiff. Once I had that dialed in, it was on. Man 450 handled just as good as my 250f, which is very impressive. Motor was awesome, power everywhere, but thats with all 450s. Everything that i had to rail and stay taped to clear or come up a inch or two short on my 250f, I was clearing to the inside just rolling it on. I found that there were no notches in the tranny, meaning a problem with shifting or accedently shifting into neutral. As I said the motor was awesome, instead of wanting to stand up, it wanted to go foward, major plus. The thing that impressed me the most was the suspension. WOW. After I got it dialed in, it was awesome. It soaked up all the breaking bumps with ease, and dove into the corners like my 250f. There are a couple big jumps at the track, one a step on step off that can be cleared WFO. Well on this particular jump I over shot the landing by at least 10 feet, your pretty far up there to. When I came down I had the panic rev and everything, I thought I was gonna crash for sure, its a big jump to be overshooting like that. The suspension soaked it all up, I was ****in amazed. I love the suspension on that thing. A buddy of mine a fast pro rider took it for a spin (hes an ex crf450 rider, now on a kx250). He came back and said that it is the best 450 hes ever riden, he said it was the smoothest, best handling, and fastest 450 hes riden. As he was throwin it upside down over the finish line triple,,, bastard........ He said as soon as we get another one its his for sure.

Anyways back to the bike. Flickin it around in the air was great. Not quite as flickable as the 250f, but not to far off. The suspenison really inspired confidence also. I was taking burms and ruts much faster than before.

Bike is awesome, Only beef i have, is the seat is somewhat hard, and so tacky it pulls my pants down. Other than that I love it.

yhea, like I said, the motor was perfect, handled great, but the suspension rocked. Never riden a stock bike with that good of a suspension on it. Cant believe the thing only holds a quart of oil....

Well on this particular jump I over shot the landing by at least 10 feet, your pretty far up there to. When I came down I had the panic rev and everything, I thought I was gonna crash for sure, its a big jump to be overshooting like that.

:lol: wow that is a big jump to overshoot! I dont think that jump is placed well unless you're gonna jump the whole thing (not this honky :lol: ). Did they fill in the back side of the step off?

I ended up working late last night, no adv for me yesterday :banghead:

who is the pro that rode it, btw?

oh yeah - nice bike :banghead:

Pro - David Tarnow

Yhea, I pretty much thought i was dead... Track was perfect though. Nice and deep...

cool - they keep getting better and better w/that track.

yeah DelValle is an awesome track...just watch that parking lot when it rains.

Sounds like the new KX450F is a great bike....the 250/450F class this year should be fun to watch.