DRZ SM signal Acerbis Hand Guards, HELP!

Hi I just installed some Acrebis Rally Dual Sport Hand Guards with the built in signal lights and I noticed that the signal lights on the front and back are blinking very fast. Anyone know if I need a resistor or may have some other issue, Thanks

It's common. Some of us like the more obnoxious, eyecatching rapid blink. Theres a drz.info site listing the radioshack bulb part number to bring the rate back down if you prefer.

Fang's a fast flasher.

Just wondering why you need hand guards for a SM...

The low wattage bulbs do not provide enough load so they blink too fast. I'm told (I have not done this myself) the Radio Shack bulbs work if you still have the standard bulbs on front or rear. If you have even the Radio Shack bulbs both places, it still blinks rapidly plus the Radio Shack bulbs have to be cobbled in place. Other options are to add a resister (in parallel) to add load or use an internal loaded heavy duty auto flasher. The best resister I can think of is other bulb of the correct wattage.

Just wondering why you need hand guards for a SM...

duh,ever get hit by a rock on the knuckle at 70 mph it :banghead: hurts.and when it gets cold it stops the windchill :banghead:

duh,ever get hit by a rock on the knuckle at 70 mph it :lol: hurts.and when it gets cold it stops the windchill :banghead:

And if (when!) you drop it, you won't break your levers

And it's "the look" for SMs dontcha know :banghead:

Yep, thats what happened to me...

How do you drop an SM? Taking it out of the garage?

They're required on a lot of SM tracks in the UK, along with axle bobbins and footpeg sliders. It stops the tarmac getting carved up.

Ian

How do you drop an SM? Taking it out of the garage?

Those sportbike tires really work awesome on the asphalt! Notice I said asphalt.. Throw some dirt across the middle of an asphalt intersection and you might as well be riding across marbles.

I think I would rather have had either of my sportbikes and rode through the same intersection. :banghead:

And the handgaurds would have saved my clutch lever that snapped off.