Sign in to follow this  

Light and Tail Light

I own a 2005 200EXC 2 Stroke Ktm and i unpluged the tail light and the head light. My bike won't start now. Did I **** it up and the bike will only start if the lights are pluged in or is something else wrong.... Please help :banghead:

P.S. Don't give my useless info if you don't know my bike

Calm down, your not screwed. Im not all the great with electrics but from experience this is all i can tell you. Put all the lights back on and see if the bike will start, if it doesnt that means you've most likely blown a fuse.

When you disconnect your lights you MUST tape off the plugs so they don't earth, you'l just blow a fuse or drain the battery. so, change the fuse if its broken, charge the battery if it leaked and tape of the light connections when you take them off and see if it will start.

If im wrong someone correct me. thats all the advice i can offer in you in your situation

Your bike doesn't have any fuses to pop and obviously no battery that requires charging.

The lighting and ignition systems on your bike are totally 100% independent of each other. There is no good reason why unplugging your lights could possibly affect the ignition. Have you actually checked if it has spark or not?

Your bike doesn't have any fuses to pop and obviously no battery that requires charging.

The lighting and ignition systems on your bike are totally 100% independent of each other. There is no good reason why unplugging your lights could possibly affect the ignition. Have you actually checked if it has spark or not?

Thats right its a two stroke no electric start.. :banghead::banghead::lol:

Even the electric start bikes dont need the battery to run and will happily kick start with no battery, blown fuse etc.

The only part of the loom that matters on the 125 to 525 is the connections from engine to loom and CDI to loom. Plus the kill circuit, but you can disconnect the yellow/black bullet connection under the tank to make the bike run regardless of kill switch. This will rule out earth faults on the kill switch circuit.